Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoDesk Upgrade Network Licensing Question

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
engineering
282 Views, 4 Replies

AutoDesk Upgrade Network Licensing Question

Hello all!  I've searched through the forums and haven't seen an answer to my exact situation.  Hopefully you can help me out.

We recently upgraded 2 of our AutoDesk licenses from 2013 to 2014.  The serial numbers remained the same.

We already have the network license manager in place and it is currently working for 2013, and is on the latest version (11.11 I believe).

My question is this: since the serial numbers stayed the same will I need to obtain a new license file and put that in place for 2014, or will the license manager just reference the serial number and know that the license is valid for both 2013 and 2014?

Thanks much for your help.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: engineering

@Anonymous wrote:
We recently upgraded 2 of our AutoDesk licenses from 2013 to 2014.  The serial numbers remained the same.

My question is this: since the serial numbers stayed the same will I need to obtain a new license file and put that in place for 2014, or will the license manager just reference the serial number and know that the license is valid for both 2013 and 2014?

Thanks much for your help.

thats not possible serial numbers change with every version

if you upgraded from 2013 to 2014 the serial number is not the same it changed when you upgraded to 2014

the license file would have to be regenerated for the 2014 licenses

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
engineering
in reply to: DarrenP

Oh- you're right.

Here's the odd thing though- the new serial numbers are in our license manager but I have not yet upgraded the software for any of the users, so they are still using 2013 and the license manager is allowing them to run.

Is that odd or is that normal behavior?

Message 4 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: engineering

thats normal

if your on subscription you can run 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

to verify run your license file through here

www.licenseparser.com

you should see multiple versions in your license file

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

you should see something like this

Subscription Package: AutoCAD 64300ACD_F 111-11111111   permanent
  AutoCAD 2014 86063ACD_2014_0F  
  AutoCAD 2013 85871ACD_2013_0F  
  AutoCAD 2012 85730ACD_2012_0F  
  AutoCAD 2011

85536ACD_2011_0F

DarrenP

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report