Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoDesk PDS 2015 Interactive Services Detection

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
819 Views, 7 Replies

AutoDesk PDS 2015 Interactive Services Detection

Hi.

I am installing AutoDesk PDS 2015 to windows 7 x64 machines silently using the following command.

\\share\AutoDesk\PDS\2015\script\x64\Img\Setup.exe /W /q /I Img\AutoDesk PDSU 2015.ini /language en-us

All programs install ok however after install the following popup message is generated. 

has anyone seen this ? It happens before we even launch any autodesk app so i assume its a background service.

Cheers.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

I think it is waiting on you to answer.  Why not just create a silent install deployment?  That will accomplish what you are looking for.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

did you read my post at all?

i said: 

Trying to install: \\share\AutoDesk\PDS\2015\script\x64\Img\Setup.exe /W /q /I Img\AutoDesk PDSU 2015.ini /language en-us 

thats the silent switch supplied in autodesks help file. 

As i also stated, the install completes fine., 

Message 4 of 8
NathanLos

Hi dpadgett87,

The references to "Error Report" and "senddmpRes.dll" indicate that a program exited unexpectedly midway through the installation process. Maybe the event log (Start > Run > eventvwr.exe) captured some more details about which program is responsible.

Are "\\share\AutoDesk\PDS\2015\script\x64\Img\Setup.exe" and "Img\AutoDesk PDSU 2015.ini" customized in any way? If so, does the problem appear when using stock copies of these files?

The Program path is missing a drive letter, which hints that this might be a pathing issue related to installing from a share vs. locally. Is there a way to test using local paths instead of a network location?

Good luck,
Nathan
Autodesk Inventor Platform Team

Nathan Los
Principal Engineer
DLS-Mechanical Design
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 8
sbeardall

Any resolve to this?  I have encountered the same error while trying to deploy using PDQDeploy and the same arguments.

It does install, but with the MSIEXEC still in process as the Deploy User and ACAD won't start until it's manually ended or the PC is rebooted.

acad_error_interactive.PNG

After closing out the msiexec what is left in process under the deploy user is AdAppMgr.exe

acad_leftin_process.PNG

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: sbeardall

no i gave up and ended up turning off the interactive services service in group policy.

soz.

Message 7 of 8
sbeardall

Gotcha. Did that make it so the installer ended gracefully?
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: sbeardall

installler always ended ok, ive added the installer to seek reboot status pending from a powershell before attempting to run, 

#Based on <http://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/Get-PendingReboot-Query-bdb79542>
function Test-RebootRequired
{
$result = @{
CBSRebootPending =$false
WindowsUpdateRebootRequired = $false
FileRenamePending = $false
SCCMRebootPending = $false
}

#Check CBS Registry
$key = Get-ChildItem "HKLM:Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Component Based Servicing\RebootPending" -ErrorAction Ignore
if ($key -ne $null)
{
$result.CBSRebootPending = $true
}

#Check Windows Update
$key = Get-Item "HKLM:SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update\RebootRequired" -ErrorAction Ignore
if($key -ne $null)
{
$result.WindowsUpdateRebootRequired = $true
}

#Check PendingFileRenameOperations
$prop = Get-ItemProperty "HKLM:SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager" -Name PendingFileRenameOperations -ErrorAction Ignore
if($prop -ne $null)
{
#PendingFileRenameOperations is not *must* to reboot?
#$result.FileRenamePending = $true
}

#Check SCCM Client <http://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/Get-PendingReboot-Query-bdb79542/view/Discussions#...
try
{
$util = [wmiclass]"\\.\root\ccm\clientsdk:CCM_ClientUtilities"
$status = $util.DetermineIfRebootPending()
if(($status -ne $null) -and $status.RebootPending){
$result.SCCMRebootPending = $true
}
}

catch{}

#Return Reboot required
return $result.ContainsValue($true)
}

If (test-rebootrequired)
{
## - Custom Exit Code:
[Environment]::Exit ("9999")
}else{
## - Execute batch File:
start-process INSTALLAUTODESK.CMD
}

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report