Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoDesk Building Design Suite Standard 2012 - bug in deployment.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
djshellh
250 Views, 1 Reply

AutoDesk Building Design Suite Standard 2012 - bug in deployment.

I've created a deployment for AutoDesk Building Design Suite Standard 2012 on Windows XP SP3 and deploying using Novell's Zenworks. (Custom install all components selected, no service packs).

It installs fine until it gets to part of installing the Showcase 2012. It halts with an Windows MSIEXEC error. Upon clicking the OK button to the error, the installer stops then proceeds to rollback everything!.

I've also created the same deployment on Windows 7 SP1 (32-bit) with SCCM 2007 and have not encountered the same problem.

Looking further into the error it appears to be the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 ATL component which is causing the issue. It appears that it cannot expand the cabinet file.

I got around the issue by manually expanding the cabinet and adding a mod to the application to deploy before the Showcase is installed. The mod installs the .msi first using MSIEXEC. I also removed the references in the deployment .ini to VC++ 2005 SP1 ATL.

No issue now with the installation.

Anyone else had this issue ?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
l.tucker
in reply to: djshellh

Hey, you might want to go post this in the Install and Licensing forum. Lots of really knowledgable install people seem to hang around there, so I think one of them might have run into this there. Go to: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/bd-p/24

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report