Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCad will not start...

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
bj9709
367 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCad will not start...

Our company has recently moved all old network server stored information to a newer and better network server unit. Our AutoCad has the multi-user seats licence and is installed on several PC's around the office.

Before the move, the program operated well with very minor issues. Now, no one can get their copy of AutoCad to load and run on their PC, except...
If I log-on on to my PC as myself, the AutoCad will not start. It will for a very brief, half second appear in the Task Manager, then disappear. I think this means it has the potential to start, but does not or is not allowed to start for me. Now, if I log-on as someone else in the office on my PC - it work just fine with on apparent problems or difficulties.

I'm sorry, but this is not an acceptable way to conduct business. I will not log-on as someone else (or for that matter allow someone to log-on as me) so to do my CAD-based work.

I hope someone out there has had this same issue with a successful solution.
Thank you for your time and assistance, Brett Johnson
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: bj9709

There is obviously something in your profile that is causing AutoCAD to crash. Is there anything in the Event Viewer Application log that shows any reason why AutoCAD is failing to start? This may point you in the right direction. At least you know that other users on your machine can launch the application. This means at worst, you can just rebuild your Windows profile.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
bj9709
in reply to: bj9709

Yes, other users can log-on to my PC as themselves (network speaking) and use the AutoCad software installed on my PC. Also, they can log-on to their own PC as someone other than themselves and AutoCad works fine.

But Log-on as yourself on your PC and the AutoCad will not start. This is for everyone in the office.

I will look into the Event Viewer Application log and will get back to y'all with my findings. Brett

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report