Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCad now takes 30 minutes or more to open

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
knelson1313
251 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCad now takes 30 minutes or more to open

We recently had some server license issues, now everyone is up and running except that one machine takes 30 minutes or longer to open AutoCad one works fine and one takes long one day then opens right up the next???  Any thoughts?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: knelson1313

It's probably not licensing as the application gives up and errors out quickly when a license isn't available. In my experience, slow AutoCAD often has to do with network latency, invalid mapped drives, offline printers, and broken links to drawings or digital signatures. The easiest way to check is to borrow a license, yank the ethernet cable and see how AutoCAD behaves. If it's fast, you got something going on.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
knelson1313
in reply to: TravisNave

We don't use laptops here so we have never borrowed a license like that.  Any tip on how to do that?

Message 4 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: knelson1313

Borrow license is an option under the Tools menu. Or you can go to Help > About and click Product Information and the Borrow License. Choose the length and give it a test.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report