Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCad installed, initialize AutoCad... AutoCad begins installation, again

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
435 Views, 5 Replies

AutoCad installed, initialize AutoCad... AutoCad begins installation, again

I am experiencing an issue to where my, already installed, AutoCad is forcing me to go through the installation process when I initiate the program. The problem is when i get to the P/N and PK part I am receiving a red "x" next to the PK, which obviously doesn't allow me to move past this screen. The version is AutoCADLT 2012 and is used for work. The license had been exported/imported successfully, per AutoCad. What is causing the dual installation??

Thank.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

David,

This is the frustrating part, I have already gone through the installation part (w/ SN & PK accepted + license imported successfully). The issue is when I try to initiate the AutoCad program to work/view a drawing it wants to go through the installation process, again. Then during that secondary installation is when the PK is not accepted.

Thanks,

Gregg

Message 4 of 6
TravisNave

Make sure you're using the right 2012 product key for the correct suite that you are installing from.  Building Design AutoCAD would be different from vanilla AutoCAD, for example.  Also do not copy/paste it.  Manually type it in.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/2012-Pr...

Hope that helps.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

Travis,

I have verified that the product key is correct. The initial install accepts the product key, but when i initiate the program to use AutoCad and the install process starts, again, the same product key is then not accepted. Where i am confused, why is AutoCad beginning the install process over, after I have already installed the program to my laptop.

Thanks for the help.

Gregg

Message 6 of 6
TravisNave

And you have local admin rights?  You are launching AutoCAD from the start menu or desktop icon?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report