Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCad LT 2014 file association

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
399 Views, 6 Replies

AutoCad LT 2014 file association

I have an end user that is unable to open .dwg files in the AutoCad LT 2014 program. When I log into the computer using my credentials, it opens without a problem. I checked the Windows 7 control panel options to see if the file was being told to open in a different program, but everything looked ok. When the end user logged back in, his control panel was missing all but two file extensions. Attached is a picture of the file extensions I saw with my login in Windows. All that the end user has are extensions .dwf and .dwfx

autocad2.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Have the user right-click a drawing, open with... choose AutoCAD LT 2014 and check the box to always use that application. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

I have tried both right clicking to "open with" and changing default programs in control panel. I can find AutoCad LT as an option, but it won't let me choose it. I click it and it won't select.

Message 4 of 7
pendean

Can your user open the LT2014? If yes, can they then use OPEN command to access their DWG files?

If they can't open TL2014 that's a different and bigger problem.
Message 5 of 7
TravisNave

Does the user have appropriate rights on the system?  I agree with Dean.  Sounds like a bigger issue at fault here.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

The user is able to access LT2014 with no issues. Once he opens LT, he can open files from the LT open tab. The issue that I'm trying to resolve is him being able to open saved drawings from his network drive and have them default to LT2014. Autodesk support is almost impossible to get a hold of. I've called and emailed. It's pretty frustrating.

Message 7 of 7
TravisNave

Support is typically offered thru the value-added reseller. 

As for your file association, it is more likely a Windows permission error.  You could try rebuilding the user profile if it is suffering corruption.

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report