Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCad Electrical 2011 deploymeny issues with pictures

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
ACE2011
1648 Views, 17 Replies

AutoCad Electrical 2011 deploymeny issues with pictures

2065iE3BF357E8CA8CFCBSo as you know I am STILL having this issue with autocad electrical 2011 install using the "deploymeny" I have now made four diffrent times.

Below is the error I am getting when trying to install this software. If we do not have an answer for this by the days end. I want a phone call with a high level tech for support as this is getting out of hand.

here is the latest issue when I run my command... I removed the /qb so I can see the progress. It gets to the point were it shows "folder to be installed to" which is  c:\program files\etc etc.." then I click next and get the following error.

Please advise. Thanks

781.939.3877  My direct line if you need it. Thanks

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
ACE2011
in reply to: ACE2011

What was that all about? why did you remove your comment/reply?

I seen it and tried and it still does not work..

I changed the parimeters that I had to so they were to my locations (x86 over x64) and I get the error:

"Error applying transforms, verify that the paths are valid"   (which they are)

Message 3 of 18
hashim.mundol

Sorry to hear about your issues on installing ACADE 2011 using msiexec.

As you can understand we only test and support the documented methods, so we can only help you with some hints. I really appreciate your patience in following this up.

I have done few tests. Here are the commands which worked  during the test

It was done on; Windows 7 64 bit, running from a batch file interatively

msiexec /l* Logfile.log /i \\ServerName\ShareName\AdminImage\x64\acade\acad.msi TRANSFORMS=\\ServerName\ShareName\Tools\gpo.mst;\\ServerName\ShareName\AdminImage\x64\en-US\acade\acad.mst;\\ServerName\ShareName\AdminImage\x64\acade\acad-AcadE2011.mst /qb

msiexec /l* Logfilelp.log /i \\servername\ShareName\AdminImage\x64\en-US\acade\acadELP.msi TRANSFORMS=\\servername\ShareName\Tools\gpo.mst;\\servername\ShareName\AdminImage\x64\acade\acad-AcadE2011.mst INSTALLDIR="C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Acade 2011" /qb

Please note

->Test was done interactively from command line with these commands within 2 batch files.

->Removing /qb at the end results in the error similar to the one you get. Hence I assume /q or /qb is necessary to stop the install wizard from popping up.

->Log file should give you more details on failure if any.

I hope these commands work for you. If you have any issues please post the parts of the error log, we can find some solution.

Again thank you for your patience.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 18
ACE2011
in reply to: hashim.mundol

This is now becoming more of a pain.

So i can get the package to run and install AutoCad Electrical 2011 x86

But when the LP goes to run. it just hangs, indefinteltly and does NOT install the LP.

So when I try to run autocad I get an error" This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect"

Please help.

call me if you can. thanks

Message 5 of 18
hashim.mundol

Is this the behavior on all the XP machines ?

If you install interactively without using the command line does the installation complete ?

I will try to open a case (if possible) and have someone from U.S. looking at the issue, much easier time wise.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 18
ACE2011

Yes this happens on all four XP machines we tested.  and no it does not install in anyway. please open a support ticket and give them my info I need to finish this asap. Thank you very much

Message 7 of 18
hashim.mundol

are all pre-requisites installed ? have you tried a normal setup.exe installation on any of these machines ?

if you can post the parts of the log which shows language pack installation (%temp%\*.log when verbose log is enabled)

we might get more clue. 

Normally the support request is only for Subscription customers. I am trying to find if this can be made as exception.

please bear with me till I get a way around this.

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 18
ACE2011

All Pre-Req are installed. PLease open a support ticket as this has been a process ongoing for way to long. thanks

Message 9 of 18
hashim.mundol

Does your company have a subscription contract with Autodesk ?

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 10 of 18
ACE2011

I can find out, But really it shouldnt matter. We always upgrade to the latest version and we had to pay to get 2011 so it's not like we dont deserve support for a product we paid for after all this frustration.

Message 11 of 18
hashim.mundol

Did you try the setup.exe with SMS server as documented

http://docs.autodesk.com/ACD/2011/ENU/filesInstall/WS1a9193826455f5ff-75c1f7c3124f51ccbd1-6014.htm

(for SCCM installation in Autocad 2011)

This method is tested, it should work without any further troubleshooting.

using custom method always call for more troubleshooting, even opening a service request will not give more help on custom installation steps

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 12 of 18
hashim.mundol

Any luck with any of the suggested steps

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 13 of 18
ACE2011

Hello,

I was hoping you could contact me or reply with an answer to a problem we are still having, with the current script we have running it through command line results in a sucessfull install, however when inputting into SCCM/SMS we are having an issue with the LP installing.

After reviewing your post on this topic "

Sorry to hear about your issues on installing ACADE 2011 using msiexec.

As you can understand we only test and support the documented methods, so we can only help you with some hints. I really appreciate your patience in following this up.

I have done few tests. Here are the commands which worked  during the test

It was done on; Windows 7 64 bit, running from a batch file interatively

msiexec /l* Logfile.log /i \\ServerName\ShareName\AdminImage\x64\acade\acad.msi TRANSFORMS=\\ServerName\ShareName\Tools\gpo.mst;\\ServerName\ShareName\AdminImage\x64\en-US\acade\acad.mst;\\ServerName\ShareName\AdminImage\x64\acade\acad-AcadE2011.mst /qb

msiexec /l* Logfilelp.log /i \\servername\ShareName\AdminImage\x64\en-US\acade\acadELP.msi TRANSFORMS=\\servername\ShareName\Tools\gpo.mst;\\servername\ShareName\AdminImage\x64\acade\acad-AcadE2011.mst INSTALLDIR="C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Acade 2011" /qb"

We are wondering how you came up with using THREE .mst files in the Autocad program install? You say you were using the "document" but nowere can we find in any of the document were to use more than one .mst, let alone three.

Can you please support this information? Thank You

Message 14 of 18
hashim.mundol

Sorry to hear that you still have issues.

Document method is only to use setup.exe.

MSIEXEC command lines are not documented or supported officially.

this is the common sccm install process; this uses admin image and setup.exe

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Product_Help/Autodesk_Inventor/Autodesk_Inventor_2011/130InstallInstruc...

I can't recollect the reason why you couldn't use the documented SCCM command lines.

MSIEXEC command lines are only work arounds found  by community or by support using trial and error method. these are not documented.

If it works on command line and not on SCCM, i suspect some permission issues; if you analyze the log, it might tell us more details.

please post the parts of the log with errors

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 15 of 18
ACE2011

Here is the Log from the install failure. Do you have an email address I can send the attatchment. Thanks

Message 16 of 18
hashim.mundol

Since it works on command line,it could be the permission issue, does the SYSTEM account have read permission on the share ?

i found another thread on MS site. this depends on the command line you use.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/818241

Have you tried the documented method (using setup.exe) for SCCM deployment ?

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 17 of 18
ACE2011

Yes, the permissions are correct.

I would like to know your answer on how come the Main (first) acad.msi works perfectly fine and it is being run in the same manner as the LP that is failing?

Yes, the SCCM deployment does work, but it is completely silent and will not fit our needs because of the time period it takes.

Is there a way to run the setup.exe in a non-silent manner?

Thanks

Message 18 of 18
hashim.mundol

not an easy one to answer without analysing the MSI files.

in theory It depends on return code from SCCM.

language pack has dependancy built  on it(actual acad.msi); it might be more sensitive to SCCM return codes.

Yes "/qb" instead of "/q" should show a progress bar when using setup.exe

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report