Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCad 2013 installation using GPO

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
kristian.ludvik-bohmer
1781 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCad 2013 installation using GPO

i

We are having great trouble with installing AutoCad 2013 using GPO in AD. We have built the deployment from the wizard and merged the SP1.1 with the deployment. When running the link created by the deployment, AutoCad installs and everything is working ok both on W7-32 and W7-64. But when installing via AD, it seems that some part are missing and AutoCad will not start. We have used the gpo_for_sp1.mst that Hashim Mundol published on this forum. We have created installations of earlier versions of AutoCad the same way and with the same tools with succes, but 2013 is a hard nut. This is what our packing expert have written about our problems:

Hi!

We have trouble with deployment of AutoCad 2013 SP1 through Active Directory using GPO (Group Policies)

The deployment admin image is built with the deployment wizard, and the deployment settings in AD is done this way:

The installation appears to run fine, but when we start the application from the shortcut (or directly execute the main executable) absolutely nothing happens.

We have tried to rebuild several Administrative images, and tried a couple of different deploy settings In AD, but the result is always (always)the same.

In one scenario, if we open task manager – we can see that acad.exe is running for about 10 seconds and then quits without error messages.

In another scenario, absolutely nothing happens, and no acad.exe is seen in task manager at all.

Best Regards

Egil Johnsrud

Looking for some good advice.

Best regards

Kristian Ludvik-Böhmer

Senior Engineer

Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Sounds like a license registration failure to me.  I suspect the adlm log will confirm this.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4

I'm sorry, but this is not about license registration, but about installation. When we apply the deployment in AD via Group Policy, the installation on the client computer is not complete. When we install the program but clicking the link created by the deployment everything is ok. We did not experience this problem with earlier versions of AutoCad.

Message 4 of 4

Post the ADLM log.  It's probably a license registration failure.

If the deployment runs with the shortcut created manually, then clearly the GPO is not set up correctly. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report