Installation & Licensing

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 11 of 13 (478 Views)

Re: AutoCad 2011 Will not open up on computer

04-30-2012 02:09 PM in reply to: njohnson

Yeah, the license is bad.  Try the steps here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=15176093&linkID=9240617

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
UBdeJudge
Message 12 of 13 (382 Views)

12-13-2012 12:30 PM in reply to: TravisNave

I have this problem too but the suggested fix won't work for me. AutoCAD 2012 still runs fine but the AutoCAD 2011 which I downloaded today will not launch, in the same way as described by users in this thread.

I cannot check the ADLM file or rename the FLEXnet file because in my PC (XP, 32 bit) the file tree is not as described in your fix.

Your fix says C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\ADLM

In the 'run' box, I try to open C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\ADLM but I get

"Windows cannot find 'C:\ Documents'. Please make sure you typed correctly... "

However, I can get as far as the application data folder if I cut the last two items off

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\

but that application data folder does not contain a folder or file called Autodesk or AutoCAD.

I had expected to be prompted to verify my license the first time I launched but there was no such prompt.

Please can you suggest anything? Thanks.

UBdeJudge
Message 13 of 13 (353 Views)

12-18-2012 03:35 PM in reply to: TravisNave

Nudging my question to top.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube