Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCad 2010 Installation problems

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
cwagner316
3358 Views, 6 Replies

AutoCad 2010 Installation problems

I am trying to install ACAD 2010 on Windows 7 64 bit machine. I have the files on my hard drive and I am installing from there. During th einstallation process Directx 9.0 installs, Autocad 2010 installs, and then during the language Pack install I get this error "Error 1606. Could not access network location setup". I have searched several KB's, checked my registry, uninstalled re-installed but I can not get past this error. This is a new machine with no prevoius installs. I am not installing to a network as this is a standalone installation.Anyhelp would be grately appreciated..I would like to get back up and running....

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
wengle
in reply to: cwagner316

Have you checked the error number on autodek's site? Otherwise, try a Repair.

Message 3 of 7
cwagner316

I have researched this endlessly for the last two days. I don't think I can do a repair because acad will not actually install. This error comes during the installation process and I have no choice but to cancel th einstallation process. Some of the kb's suggested that it was a problem in the registry for the user, or a security issue for the usser. I have tried all of these and everything looks fine. I have even tried to install as the dedicated administrator even though this is a single person standalone machine. It is making pull my hair out.

Message 4 of 7
A2K_TechSR

I would suggest the following

1.  Turn off the User Access Control in Windows

2.  Clear out the TEMP folder on the System

3.  If you have copied the contents of the Disk to the Hardrive confirm that all files have copied correctly.

Regards

Kevin Hawkins

Technical Support Solutions Manager

KarelCAD Australia

Message 5 of 7

I am having problems installing AutoCAD 2010 on windows 7 ultimate. I tried performing a standard installation (install products) and keeps informing me dat I cannot install this product on the current operating system. My system is a 64 bit OS. Please I desperately need ur help.
Message 6 of 7

Have you checked if the install files are 64bit?  You may be trying to install a 32bit (x86) on a 64bit computer.  It will not allow this.

Message 7 of 7
TravisNave

Do you have roaming profiles?  Or redirected My Docs folders, for example?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report