Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAd reinstalls again when F1 is accessed

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
773 Views, 8 Replies

AutoCAd reinstalls again when F1 is accessed

One of my users is having an annoying problem, each time he hits F1 for help autoCAD installation begins again. I wonder if anyone has the same problem.
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Was the Help installed initially with the deploy? Also, is the user a member of the Power Users or Administrators group?

Might want to install the latest Service Packs while you are at it.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

"Maria" kirjoitti viestissä:7387945.1111672974117.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > One of my users is having an annoying problem, each time he hits F1 for > help autoCAD installation begins again. I wonder if anyone has the same > problem. It's a bug. I had the same problem with ADT2005 and posted a question about it. See reply below: ------------------ Hello Jussi Support has received a few cases related to this issue and we have been able to reproduce this problem in our lab. We are currently working with product development to identify the cause of the problem and determine what options are available as far as a fix. Unfortunately we do not have a work-around at this time, other than supplying users with administrative privileges, but if we do find something, we will be sure to communicate our findings. Tony Michniewicz Autodesk Product Support "Jussi" wrote in message news:40ff849a_3@newsprd01... Log in as a Domain User, start ADT2005 and press F1. On my machine this launches windows installer which ends in error since it hasn't enough rights. Press a few times Ok and help is there. I've tried to get rid of this by starting help as a domain admin, by elevating user rights temporarily to admin to get the install through, but it isn't helping. The installer starts every time help is started. Can you confirm this? Is something just wrong here? Thanks, Jussi
Message 4 of 9
TravisNave

Have you tried updating to the Windows Installer 3.0? You should download and install it, since it fixes many MSI problems. It is brand new. Find it here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=5fbc5470-b259-4733-a914-a956122e08e8&displaylang=en

Good luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Thank you for all your suggestions.I have tried the Windows Installer 3.0 but did not work. Any other suggestions?
Message 6 of 9
asc

I seem to have the same problem when the help menu is activated. I also found that running the ALIASEDIT command will do the same thing. Has anyone found a fix to this?
We are trying to install AutoCad through a Image right now and I'm not sure if we should do it or wait for a fix (if they ever come up with one).
Message 7 of 9
asc

I have found a fix to this problem. It was originally posted by Tony Michniewicz in the ADT2005 newsgroup. So here you go

"I have handled a number of support cases similar to this one and in most cases this problem only occurs while logged in as a restricted user and is not reproducible while logged in as an administrator. In these cases the problem is typically resolved by manually registering the AwApi4.dll from AnswerWorks 4.0. Please note that this registration must occur while logged on as an administrator. The following covers how to manually register the AwApi4.dll file:

1. On the Windows Start menu, click Run.
2.In the Run dialog box, enter CMD in the Open box and click OK to open an MS-DOS command prompt window.
3. At the command prompt, change directory to the Answer Works 4.0 installation folder (the default location is C:\Program Files\Answer Works 4.0 ).
4. At the command prompt, enter the following commands:
Regsvr32 awApi4.dll

Once this action is taken, you should no longer experience the unexpected Arch Desktop installer."
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

it did not work. Anyway we do not use Answerworks4.0
Message 9 of 9
asc

We don't either but somehow AutoCad must use it. Anyway it fixed our problem, sorry it didn't work for you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report