Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCADLT 2014 FAILS TO RUN AT ALL after loading from new DVD

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
stuartmroy
688 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCADLT 2014 FAILS TO RUN AT ALL after loading from new DVD

I have loaded a new copy of AutoCADLT 2014 from the DVD supplied by AutoDesk, entered the serial number and key, seen the green tick to indicate that the license is valid and completed the installation successfully.  The PC is brand new, standalone, not connected to internet, no anti-virus software, virtually empty of other software and running Windows 7.  This is the first installation of any AutoCAD software on this machine.

After loading, AutoCADLT will not run. The AutoCAD LT frontispiece with image appears, a few files are loaded, then the message says "checking license" and the whole thing locks up.  The only way to clear the screen is to re-boot.  On other later attempts to load and run, it has locked up with the message "initializing" before even getting to the checking license stage.

Have tried uninstalling and reloading several times.  Also "repair installation".  Also tried "Reset Setting to Default" as suggested by our AutoCAD supplier.

If it gets to an error message before locking up, it says: AutoCAD LT Error Aborting: FATAL ERROR - Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0000 at e6168ea0h.

Several days have been wasted on this now - it is very frustrating and expensive.

Please help!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: stuartmroy

Welcome to the Community!

This is likely due to the 2014 activation crash issue.  There is a fix for that here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21825687&linkID=12305695

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
stuartmroy
in reply to: TravisNave

This worked for me - many thanks.  Stuart

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report