Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCADE 2012 Deployment vs DVD Install?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
warrenandy
283 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCADE 2012 Deployment vs DVD Install?

I created a 32-bit Deployment for ACADE 2012. When it first starts it takes forever to initialize, so long the Temp IT guy we have prefers the DVDs. He says it ran for 25+ min this morning and never made it past the initializing screen. What would cause this? how can I speed it up? He said the DVDs take 45 total to install it, the Deployment seems to take hours... Why?

Andrew Warren
Manager, Engineering Services Support
Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations
warrenandy@bfusa.com
andywarrenbc@outlook.com
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: warrenandy

The data bus for a local DVD drive is faster than pushing data over your shared network.  Make sure that the deployment is set up with full read/write to the 'everyone' user account and that you install with local admin rights, UAC turned off, and anti-virus disabled. 

Typically, unless you have made considerable changes to the default install, there is no reason to deploy the software.  Local installation does just fine.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
warrenandy
in reply to: TravisNave

I am doing Deployments for the fact we have so many users to install. We have 100+ users (sharing 60 seats). It is a pain to have to install all of them from DVD. We are not doing a true push deployment, more using it as a install image to install on all of the machines.

I just started doing a 32-bit Mech install off a deployment and it is been initializing for almost an hour now. What is causing this does anyone know?

Andrew Warren
Manager, Engineering Services Support
Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations
warrenandy@bfusa.com
andywarrenbc@outlook.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report