Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD won't draw license from Mechanical pool

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
ndra
320 Views, 5 Replies

AutoCAD won't draw license from Mechanical pool

Hello!

We have a client with a batch of 10 AutoCAD 2011 licenses, and 3 Mechanical 2011 licenses.

The problem is that the Mechanical licenses will not be consumed by AutoCAD installations, so if I have 10 people running AutoCAD, and another one tries to open it, it will fail to get a license, even though the Mechanical ones are free. This happens to all users, except from one, who even though only has plain AutoCAD installed, will always draw license from the Mechanical pool.

Any advise?

Thanks in advance,

Nikos

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
DarrenP
in reply to: ndra

is there an error code?

this may give us some clue

also check the debug log and see if there are any denied licenses for anybody

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
TravisNave

Cascading also may not work if your combined license file contains licenses generated on different dates.  Alternately, you could blow away the CascadeInfo.cas file on the client and try again.  But as Darren said, a good place to start is the debug log.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 6
ndra
in reply to: DarrenP

I don't have it now, but the debug log said "denied for feature blah blah" if I remember corrently. I'll check it at first opportunity and let you know, thanks
Message 5 of 6
ndra
in reply to: TravisNave

Yes, I forgot about cascadeinfo.cas, you are correct. I'll check it, thx

About the licenses generated on different dates, yes they indeed were generated on different dates. The problem is that the client wants to use 2011 version, and the products are in actuve subscription, which means that we can user products 2015, 2014, 2013 and 2012.. Can I generate licenses specifically for the product version?
Message 6 of 6
TravisNave

You could.  But what you probably need to do is just regenerate both on the same date.  The problem is that the newer license will supersede the older one and will not combine properly to cascade if it is a different release year.  It's complicated.  But it is almost certainly your culprit.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report