Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD upgrade failing to activate

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
stephen.edwards.au
309 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD upgrade failing to activate

Hello all

I hope that someone here will be able to help me with this one.

For some reason my old serial number for AutoCAD 2013 is coming up as invalid when I try to activate the 2014 software onto my current PC. For what it's worth I switched PC's earlier this year and haven't installed 2013 onto my new PC, don't know if this makes any difference.

What are my options here? Am I able to purchase 2014 outright in lieu of the upgrade serial number? I'm okay with paying the difference between the 2 if it helps solve this problem quickly, don't have the time to jump thru dozens of hoops.

Thanks guys

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi Stephen,

From what I understand, you tried to activate a 2014 Product using a 2013 Serial Number? If so, then note that you would really encounter an error during activation. The system would see it as a mismatch activation as the Product downloaded is the 2014 version and Serial Number inputted is the 2013 version.

If your current Registered License is the 2013 version and you want the 2014 version, you can Upgrade it by going to any reseller or purchase from our Online Store

Let me know if I seem to have misunderstood the issue so I can assist you further. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 3 of 5

Hi Joane

Thanks for replying. I'm guessing your not in North America? What with it being 1am or whatever it is over there at the moment...

Ok, I purchased a 2014 upgrade a month ago & my 2014 serial number & product key that I obtained from Autodesk are fine (as far as i can tell) but it's my old 2013 serial number that Autodesk is rejecting when I go to activate the 2014 version. No idea why.

Only reason it's asking for my old serial number is because I purchased the upgrade, not the stand-alone. I have already issued a refund request for my upgrade as i'm happy to switch to the stand-alone version & pay the difference between the 2, and this should solve the issue. But if you have anything else to suggest I'm open to it.

Thanks

Stephen

Message 4 of 5

Hi Stephen,

It sounds like there was an issue connecting your old serial number to the 2014 one. The reseller from whom you bought the upgrade should be able to clarify and correct this.

Best regards,

Camilo Lemos

Message 5 of 5

Thanks Camilo, as I mentioned earlier I have requested a refund on the upgrade from the reseller so that I am able to switch to a stand-alone version. Would this suffice or should I be contacting the reseller in a different manner?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report