Installation & Licensing

KMorgan1
Message 1 of 8 (1,730 Views)

AutoCAD home user license.

1730 Views, 7 Replies
05-06-2011 04:11 AM

Hi,

We have 22 Network licenses in Airbus UK & we are running AutoCAD 2010. One of our key users is still using AutoCAD 2008 & wants to take his 2010 installation home on his laptop to carry out self training to he can make best use of the 2010 upgrade. We do not allow license checkout in Airbus UK, hence I contacted our supplier Excitech for assistance. They Advised I request a Home User license that will allow out guy to run his 2010 installation away from the Airbus network.

Please supply a Home user License key along with instructions on how to install it.

Best Regards,

Ken Morgan

Tel xxxxxxxxxxx

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

*Expert Elite*
DarrenP
Message 2 of 8 (1,689 Views)

Re: AutoCAD home user license.

05-06-2011 02:20 PM in reply to: KMorgan1

you have to log on to your subscription site to do that: https://subscription.autodesk.com/sp/servlet/public/index?siteID=11564774&id=11607975

everything is on that site

Distinguished Contributor
Jroper
Message 3 of 8 (1,683 Views)

05-06-2011 05:05 PM in reply to: KMorgan1

Can he connect to the network through a VPN connection?  The network licensing will work over a VPN.

If that is not an option, then he can get a Home Use license for his home computer.  The Home Use license will be a Stanalone license with a different serial number that Autodesk will provide you.  But the computer he uses it on cannot be his work computer.  It must be a separate computer that he has at home.  You cannot double-up your licenses at work with a home use license.  The home use is used as an extention of your primary license.

Whoever is the Subscription Contract Administrator can request a home use license for you online when they log on to their Subscription Center page.

donohoj
Message 4 of 8 (1,169 Views)

12-05-2011 10:04 AM in reply to: KMorgan1

do we have to have a different license key for every home user? We have several employee's that wants to install at home.

Also can we create a silent install on a thumb drive for them to take home and install?

Community Manager
philip.s
Message 5 of 8 (1,165 Views)

12-05-2011 10:51 AM in reply to: donohoj

Hi donohoj,

You can request that your Home Use License contains X amount of seats by changing the "Quantity" in the application form (see screen shot below), enabling you to issue the same serial number to your employees.

I'm not 100% sure on the silent install, but I believe that it should be possible based on my limited knowledge. What software / version are you running?

HOME USE LICENSE REQUEST.jpg

Philip Schmelzer
*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 6 of 8 (1,148 Views)

12-06-2011 07:16 AM in reply to: KMorgan1

Keep in mind that Home Use licenses expire after a term of about 13 months.  Network license access over VPN or by use of borrowing is still a potential option for you. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave
donohoj
Message 7 of 8 (1,146 Views)

12-06-2011 07:19 AM in reply to: KMorgan1

Thank You for the response. We will be upgrade to Inventor 2012. We have some of our Engineers that want to take the time and learn this from home and they do not have VPN access. I am assuming after the 13 months we can give them a new license that they can type in from home and be good to go?

Thank You

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 8 of 8 (1,143 Views)

12-06-2011 07:44 AM in reply to: donohoj

Yes, so long as your Subscription is active and the version you request is under Subscription, then you can renew it. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube