Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD home user license.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
KMorgan1
2240 Views, 7 Replies

AutoCAD home user license.

Hi,

We have 22 Network licenses in Airbus UK & we are running AutoCAD 2010. One of our key users is still using AutoCAD 2008 & wants to take his 2010 installation home on his laptop to carry out self training to he can make best use of the 2010 upgrade. We do not allow license checkout in Airbus UK, hence I contacted our supplier Excitech for assistance. They Advised I request a Home User license that will allow out guy to run his 2010 installation away from the Airbus network.

Please supply a Home user License key along with instructions on how to install it.

Best Regards,

Ken Morgan

Tel xxxxxxxxxxx

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
DarrenP
in reply to: KMorgan1

you have to log on to your subscription site to do that: https://subscription.autodesk.com/sp/servlet/public/index?siteID=11564774&id=11607975

everything is on that site

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
Jroper

Can he connect to the network through a VPN connection?  The network licensing will work over a VPN.

If that is not an option, then he can get a Home Use license for his home computer.  The Home Use license will be a Stanalone license with a different serial number that Autodesk will provide you.  But the computer he uses it on cannot be his work computer.  It must be a separate computer that he has at home.  You cannot double-up your licenses at work with a home use license.  The home use is used as an extention of your primary license.

Whoever is the Subscription Contract Administrator can request a home use license for you online when they log on to their Subscription Center page.

Message 4 of 8
donohoj

do we have to have a different license key for every home user? We have several employee's that wants to install at home.

Also can we create a silent install on a thumb drive for them to take home and install?

Message 5 of 8
philip.s
in reply to: donohoj

Hi donohoj,

You can request that your Home Use License contains X amount of seats by changing the "Quantity" in the application form (see screen shot below), enabling you to issue the same serial number to your employees.

I'm not 100% sure on the silent install, but I believe that it should be possible based on my limited knowledge. What software / version are you running?

HOME USE LICENSE REQUEST.jpg

Message 6 of 8
TravisNave

Keep in mind that Home Use licenses expire after a term of about 13 months.  Network license access over VPN or by use of borrowing is still a potential option for you. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 7 of 8
donohoj

Thank You for the response. We will be upgrade to Inventor 2012. We have some of our Engineers that want to take the time and learn this from home and they do not have VPN access. I am assuming after the 13 months we can give them a new license that they can type in from home and be good to go?

Thank You

Message 8 of 8
TravisNave
in reply to: donohoj

Yes, so long as your Subscription is active and the version you request is under Subscription, then you can renew it. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report