Installation & Licensing

*pkirill
Message 1 of 2 (83 Views)

AutoCAD and ABS Profiles - different license license groups?

83 Views, 1 Replies
07-18-2005 12:09 PM

We currently have 18 autocad licenses and 3 ABS
licenses.  Our reseller had mentioned that it is possible to have the
AutoCAd profile installed by ABS pull from the AutoCAD license set and not take
up an ABS license.  Anyone know if this is true?
*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 2 of 2 (83 Views)

Re: AutoCAD and ABS Profiles - different license license groups?

07-18-2005 01:53 PM in reply to: *pkirill
Not that I know of. The license pulled is based on the feature name of the product. Therefore, if the product is 48800ACD_2006_0F, then it will pull an AutoCAD 2006 license, for example. Regardless if you run the Vanilla AutoCAD from the ABS install, it will still grab an ABS license since the feature name of the AutoCAD is still ABS.

I have seen administrators place different shortcut icons on the desktop for AutoCAD, if they have multiple licenses (i.e. 15 users with 7 AutoCAD, 6 AIS, and 2 AIP) so that all users can access AutoCAD at the same time. Perhaps this is what your reseller was referring to?

Please correct me if I am wrong.
Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube