Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD and ABS Profiles - different license license groups?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
176 Views, 1 Reply

AutoCAD and ABS Profiles - different license license groups?

We currently have 18 autocad licenses and 3 ABS
licenses.  Our reseller had mentioned that it is possible to have the
AutoCAd profile installed by ABS pull from the AutoCAD license set and not take
up an ABS license.  Anyone know if this is true?
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Not that I know of. The license pulled is based on the feature name of the product. Therefore, if the product is 48800ACD_2006_0F, then it will pull an AutoCAD 2006 license, for example. Regardless if you run the Vanilla AutoCAD from the ABS install, it will still grab an ABS license since the feature name of the AutoCAD is still ABS.

I have seen administrators place different shortcut icons on the desktop for AutoCAD, if they have multiple licenses (i.e. 15 users with 7 AutoCAD, 6 AIS, and 2 AIP) so that all users can access AutoCAD at the same time. Perhaps this is what your reseller was referring to?

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report