Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Student Electrical 2015 Installation and Activation Issues

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
AramJustice
928 Views, 5 Replies

AutoCAD Student Electrical 2015 Installation and Activation Issues

I'm new here, but I have two problems I can't find answered.  I run 64bit Windows 7, on an ASUS laptop.  My current problem is that I just uninstalled then reinstalled AutoCAD (because of the problem I'll get to next), and now I can't find the installed program.  Additionally, since it thinks I have AutoCAD installed, the installer won't let me reinstall it.  I have checked the path and AutoCAD the .exe isn't installed anywhere, they're all Install Screen.PNG

just empty or mostly empty folders.

Autodesk Folder.PNG

I don't know what to do, other than teying to install for a third time.

The first time I installed AutoCAD there were no problems with installation, but I tried to reinstall since my trial expired and it wouldn't let me activate my 3 year student account (AutoCAD worked fine during the trial).  When I tried to activate from the main window, the licensing window was blank.  Let me make this clear: This is NOT the problem with the 2 radio buttons! The screen is completely blank.Error 1.PNG

Once I close out of that little screen, it was replaced by the normal activation window, so I clicked Activate, which led me to this screen, again blank.

Big Blank.PNG

No matter what I tried (I tried adjusting my Java/other settings as instructed by a support guy), it just led back to those two screens, so once my trial ended, I uninstalled.

Any help would be hugely appreciated.  Especially on the first problem (that's the one I'm having now).

Thanks,

Aram

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi Aram,

Please do a Clean Uninstall prior to downloading and re-installing the software. With regard to that white screen on the Activation Page, click here for the troubleshooting steps. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 3 of 6

Joane,

Thanks for the tip on the uninstall, but like what I said in bold in my original post, THIS IS NOT THE PROBLEM WITH THE TWO RADIO BUTTONS.  Look at the pictures I posted, then the pictures on the link you gave me.  These are 2 different problems; my screen is completely blank, and doesn't say register today.  People keep directing me to that post, even though it's a different problem (and I've tried editing my security settings already, to no avail).  Additionally, I use FireFox, not IE.  Any further help would be much appreciated.

Aram

Message 4 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: AramJustice

Typically, it is best to make sure your default browser is IE10 during installation.  You might check if your IE is that version and temporarily make it your default browser.  You may have to uninstall IE11 if it has been updated.  Just a thought.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 6
philip.s
in reply to: AramJustice

Hello Aram!

Just to add here that Internet Explorer is required by our software for the activation process and while IE may not be your preferred or default browser, it's still used during the activation process. As such it would be recommended to downgrade your version of IE as indicated in the previous solution which also applies to completely blank activation screens.

Message 6 of 6
AramJustice
in reply to: philip.s

It's Fixed!!!  I edited the regbegin file, and everything works!!!  Thanks so much for the help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report