Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Mechanical 2014 and License Transfer Utility Freezing

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
chanweinian
405 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD Mechanical 2014 and License Transfer Utility Freezing

Dear All,

I have a problem activating the license of the AutoCAD Mechanical 2014. Everytime i open the program, the app freezes with a small rectangular blank screen titled "Autodesk Licensing" , refer to the image attached. When I try force closing this small rectangular blank screen, i get a window that lets me choose between try, buy and activate. Buy and Activate leads me to a bigger window that is also blank and it freezes there.

I tried the following:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/3D-Max-Design-2013-activation-error/td-p/343731...

but to no avail. I have also tried using the License Transfer Utility but it is also freezing.

I am using Windows 7 64 bit, and I would appreciate any assistance to understand and to get past this problem.

Thank you,

Wei Nian

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
aaronhai
in reply to: chanweinian

Hi chanweinian,

Welcome to Autodesk Forum.

Please see if the steps documented in this Autodesk Blog Post address the problem.

Thank you.

Aaron Hai
Message 3 of 4
chanweinian

Hi Aaron,

Nope I tried and it did not work. I am currently using internet explorer 11, are there fixes targeted for that?

Cheers,

Wei Nian

Message 4 of 4
chanweinian

Ok I managed to get my program working for now, but in 2 steps:

1) Revert from IE 11 to IE 8 via uninstalling of IE updates in Control Panel>>Programs>>View Installed Updates

***This got me from getting a blank screen to getting a screen with 2 radio buttons after clicking activate, which was after forcing close the small rectangular blank screen****

2) Edit file in Webdepot Folder - solution 4 from this website

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Registe...

***I still got a blank small rectangular screen here, as well as the subsequent screen with the 3 buttons (activate, try and buy) popping up as per usual. From there, clicking activate led me to a window with the option to connect and activate my product instead of the 2 radio buttons. From there, it froze again but upon force closing it, the program worked.***

Hopefully this solution sustains

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report