Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Mechanical 2011 takes Inventor RS 2011 license tokens

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
frederic.lavoue
268 Views, 5 Replies

AutoCAD Mechanical 2011 takes Inventor RS 2011 license tokens

We have several AutoCAD Mechanical and Inventor licenses declared in the same license file.

We don't understand why but sometimes AutoCAD Mechanical takes an Inventor token (85569INVPRORS_2011_0F) even if some AutoCAD Mechanical 2011 (85545AMECH_PP_2011_0F) are free.

The installation fo Autocad Mechanical comes from Autocad Mechanical, we didn't use those from Inventor.

Did anybody get already this problem ?

Thanks for your help

/Frédéric

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
DarrenP
in reply to: frederic.lavoue

is mechanical being started up first or is inventor being started first on the same machine?

or the people using mechanical only have mechanical installed?

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
frederic.lavoue
in reply to: DarrenP

The users have only Autocad Mechanical on their computers.

Message 4 of 6

Do those users that only have Mechanical installed even have a need for Routed Systems?  You could exclude them from accessing it via an adskflex.opt options file. 

Have you tried deleting the CascadeInfo.cas file yet and seeing if relaunching Mechanical will pull a Mechanical license?  Also, which license is listed first in the LIC file?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 6

No they have no need, the users are totally different.

Is it possible to do easily (we have more that 250 users located in 60 sites) ?

No I didn't try to delete CascadeInfo.cas file, I will do it.

in the lic file :

Autocad Cilvil 3D

Inventor

Autocad Map

Autocad Electrical

then

Autocad Mechanical

Thanks for your help

Message 6 of 6

Try deleting the CascadeInfo.cas file first. 

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?linkID=9240617&id=13894457&siteID=123112

Then if that doesn't work, move the Mechanical license to the top of the LIC file and reread the license. 

If that still doesn't work, I will help you make an adskflex.opt file. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report