Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Map 3D 2012 as plain vanilla AutoCAD 2012

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
khunstad
678 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD Map 3D 2012 as plain vanilla AutoCAD 2012

Hi!

I have an AutoCAD application that consistently crashes on AutoCAD Map 3D 2012, but runs fine on plain AutoCAD 2012. Some users have Map without really needing it, so I'm looking for a way to start AutoCAD Map 3D 2012 as plain vanilla AutoCAD 2012, (without having to buy a redundant license).

I have found such solutions for previous versions, and tried to adapt the 2011-description, but it didn't quite work out.

Please note that it is not enough to make it _look_ like AutoCAD 2012, it must be without the Map functionality loaded (so that the title bar shows "AutoCAD 2012", not "AutoCAD Map 3D 2012".

Thanks for any hints!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: khunstad

The Vanilla AutoCAD 2012 should be an icon listed under your MAP 3D Programs folder.  You can launch it and it will launch as vanilla.  It will still take your Map license and may still read as Map in the title bar, but that is just because of the suite it is from.  It won't have the map functionality when launched as vanilla.

Otherwise, you will simply have to buy AutoCAD vanilla.  I don't think it is necessary to go that route for what you need, however.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
david.lau

At the CLI, enter CUI, then go to the transfer tab, open ACAD.cuix from C:\Users\username\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD Map 3D 2012\R18.2\enu\Support, then drag the workspace you want over to the left side.

To really make it look like ACAD, you can delete the other Map workspaces, or just set that to the default.  However these two things below will still look like Map.

Thanks to Nathan Moore for this tip.

David Lau
Message 4 of 4
khunstad

Sorry, but none of this works! There is no shortcut to vanilla AutoCAD in Maps programs folder. And the second suggestion only changes the looks of the program. But it still loads the Map functionality, and that's what creates the trouble!

But if anyone else has a shortcut in Maps Programs folder to vanilla AutoCAD, could you please look at it's properties and check what the difference to the Map shortcut is?

Best regards,

Knut

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report