Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD MEP 2014 installation affecting other applications and file types.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
omerrill
840 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD MEP 2014 installation affecting other applications and file types.

Greetings!

Well, we successfully completed our office upgrade to AutoCAD MEP 2014 today, and we are running into a very strange bug.

Opening any Microsoft Word file now attempts to launch the AutoCAD MEP 2014 - English installer.  A window appears that says "Please wait while Windows configures AutoCAD MEP 2014 - English", followed by an error message which suggests running "SETUP.EXE" instead...

If I click through all of this however, Microsoft Word still opens normally.

Can someone tell me what is going on?  Thanks!

Windows 7 64-bit

Ultimate Design Suite 2014 > AutoCAD MEP 2014

Fabrication CADmep 2014

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: omerrill

Welcome to the community.

Hmm.  At first glance I can only ask this:

1.  Did you install with local admin rights?  Do your users have local admin rights?

2.  Are you using roaming profiles or redirecting profile folders like My Documents, etc. to another location (i.e. network folder?)

3.  What version of Office are you using?

Thanks.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
omerrill
in reply to: TravisNave

The installation is only on one system, using the administrator's account. We have a server where our projects and templates are stored. The server is a mapped network drive. Folders like My Documents remain on the local drive.
Also, we are using Office 2010.

Thanks for trying to address the problem.
Message 4 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: omerrill

Sounds like all of your ducks are in a row.  You might try logging in as a different user with admin rights and trying it 2-3 times.  If it does not affect it over and over after repeated logins, then you're probably just looking at a simple profile rebuild. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report