Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD MEP 2013 Download won't install

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
quoteexpress
1930 Views, 6 Replies

AutoCAD MEP 2013 Download won't install

i'm having a number of issues trying to install AutoCAD MEP 2013.  i have downloaded it twice and tried multiple times to install it.  every attempt results in the same errors.

first error when extracting the downloaded EXE (if it is hard to read, it says "Some installation files are corrupt):

0000_ 20120420.png

i hit ok to that error and the box listing which files have been extracted says this in read at the end of the list:

CRC failed in Content\ACA_MEP\en\cp_ABS_US_Metric-en-US\aecbcontent.cab
Unexpected end of archive

i closed it and tried to run the installer manually by browsing out to where the files were extracted and double clicked setup.exe.  during one of the installation attempts i was told a file was missing and was asked to either Abort, Ignore, or Retry.  hitting retry repeats the message.  hitting aborts will stop the installer (shocker).  and hitting ignore just pops up a similar message about a different file.  but now when i try to start the installer manually nothing happens.

i'm at a loss

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
TravisNave
in reply to: quoteexpress

Problems downloading the Autodesk software and/or CRC errors may be avoided by using another web browser, or using the alternate browser download method.

For more detailed information on this process, please see the following blog post tip here:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/08/downloading-software-browser-download-vs-download...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 7
quoteexpress
in reply to: TravisNave

alright... i'll give it a shot.  just started the download again.  i'll let you know how it turns out in a few hours...

Message 4 of 7
quoteexpress
in reply to: TravisNave

thank travis.  that solved my issue.  i was previously using Chrome to download the file but when  i downloaded it using Firefox i was able to extract and install without a hitch.

Message 5 of 7
TravisNave

Excellent.  Thanks for the follow-up.  Lots of people have this issue and it's good to know that there are some like you that can follow the directions and get it to work.  Hopefully this will inspire others with this problem to do it right.  Thanks!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 6 of 7
meglo1029

actually, i have the same probem, but opening in a new browser didn't work either. Any other solution to this?

Message 7 of 7
INTOOCAD

Save your time...its worthless!

Still slow as ever

Good luck opening up your 2011 models

Progressive Updating is a JOKE!

'Lucky 13'.......

Very disappointing....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report