We have been trying to update MEP 2012 with SP1 but have come across some errors in the process. These are 2 of the errors that I have gotten:
I have tried to "retry" with no luck. I can "ignore" the errors and the installation continues and finishes "successfully". As a result of that "successful" installation all of the reference commands no longer seem to work. I.e. attach/detach DWG/Image/PDF/DWF etc. I can attach a DWG if I use the classic xref dialog though.
Any ideas on how I should proceed? I have cleared the folder that is referenced in the error message and tried to install but got the same message with different file names. We are running 64bit on Windows 7.
Thanks for any help
Solved! Go to Solution.
Error 1328 occurs when the service pack installer encounters a file different from what it expected.
Go to Start -> Run -> type %TEMP%. This will help you to access the temp folder. Clear all the contents in the folder. Some of the contents may be in use and will remain undeleted. Don't worry about them and try reinstalling the service pack.
Please also check whether you have downloaded the right service pack for the product and based on whether your machine is 32 bit or a 64 bit one.
You could also try installing the service pack in windows diagnostic mode. Solution below will guide you through,
If this error only occurs in certain machine but not reproducible in other machines, then the possible cause is that the file is modified by users after it is installed.
In this case, the corresponding resolution is to get the original file back by repairing/reinstalling the product.
Hope it helps. Let me know, if the problem persists.
If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!
Manufacturing Support Specialist
Thanks for the ideas. Im sorry it has taken me so long to reply. The post was moved by admin and I haven't received any email notifications for some reason.
- I cleared out %TEMP% (19gb, thank you very much) and tried to reinstall. I was once again given the same error messages. After a couple of tries I "ignored" the error and let the installation finish. Now, I actually get an error message when trying to attach a reference.
- I have double-checked the installation file. I am using the 64-bit file.
- I have restored the original files (acbol.dll and acmgd.dll) that were changed from previous hotfixes.
- This issue is identical on all machines running MEP 2012 in my office.
- I have reinstalled the software, I have repaired and uninstalled and reinstalled and thie issue only occurs after the SP1 is installed.
- Uninstalling the Service Pack corrects the issue, but I would love to use service pack.
I will try installing in Diagnostics mode tomorrow morning, but I wanted to give you both an update.
If you installed the performance and the block editor hot fixes there would have been 3 files to restore:
We have the same problem here. AutoCAD MEP is installed as part of the Building Design Suite Premium on Windows 7 64-bit. I have a log from the failed update if that will help solving the problem.
The same sp1 works without a problem on a AutoCAD MEP which is installed as part of the Revit MEP suite, also on a Windows 7 64-bit.
I noticed a date difference in one particular file, acBrandRes.dll. Perhaps there are more differences, I didn't checked them all. I attached screenshots from the files, maybe this helps.
We are reciving the same errors on a brand new deployment based install of BDS Ultimate 2012 for the SP installation to both Autocad Arch 2012 and Autocad MEP 2012. It silently fails during the big BDS installation, leaving the application without the corresponding SP.
However manually running the SP (seperatly downloaded from the web) results in the same Error 1328. I have cleared out the temp folder, uninstalled AV, turned off UAC, stood on my head, and attempted the exact same thing from 5 brand new Win 7 64 workstations all from the same installation source. The installation source was created from freshly downloaded RARs from the subscription site as well.
I have attempted to modify the deployment and told it to redownload the SP as well with no difference.
Just to give you an update on where I am at with this issue. I have tried various things. Most install uninstalling and reinstalling etc. So far the only thing that has worked for me is to reinstall using the DVD's rather than the network deployment we created. It looks like the issue is with the deployment. I am not positive yet but once I am I will mark this solved. I still want to make sure everything is working properly and the rest of my team is up and running before I make the final determination.