Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2013 will not take previous serial number for activation

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
hre0004
2486 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2013 will not take previous serial number for activation

I am trying to activate AutoCAD LT 2013 from 2008.  When it asks me for my previous serial number, I get this message:

The serial number you entered for your previous product is not valid. Try again. (18)

Jonathan Carlos in Customer support responded saying that my old serial number has already been upgraded to another new serial number for AutoCAD 2013 LT, which doesn't match the one I have.

What do I do now?

Regards,

David Hrechuk

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: hre0004

You need to ask Autodesk or your Reseller what your latest serial number was before the upgrade.  It may have been upgraded under previous Subscription without your knowledge.  They'll have the number. 

If you cannot obtain it, send me your 2008 serial number in a PM and I will see if I can look it up for you.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
philip.s
in reply to: TravisNave

Confirming that the previous version serial number is attached to an active subscription contract, and has consequently been upgraded multiple times to the current 2013 version.

With that being said, I would contact the Contract Manager on the account (C. Ryall) to inquire about receiving the relevant licensing info, at which point you would potentially be able to return the recently purchased upgrade license.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report