Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2013 Unhandled Exception Error

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
2111 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2013 Unhandled Exception Error

I have a limited permission user account trying to run AutoCAD2013 LT.  When the user launches the application he gets this error  Unhandled Exception E0434352 at address 7596D36Fh.  It is referenceing the acmgd.dll ARX command.  I have added Full permissions to the machine.config file in the .NET folder, added full permissions to

HKEY_CURRENT_USER>SOFTWARE>AUTODESK
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTWARE>AUTODESK

C:\Users\<the current user>\AppData\Local\Autodesk

c:\program files\Autodesk\

Still not able to launch the program. I have removed and reinstalled the AutoCAD LT 2013 program per the instructions on hte AutoCAD support KB.  Removed the local admin rights from the user and launched the program.  Same results.  The user cannot use the program unless they have admin rights. 

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Give the user local admin rights or possibly power user rights on the machine.  There's no real reason not to do this.  It does not elevate any more rights on the domain and you can still implement a domain OE or company policy to prohibit unauthorized uses.  You'll find the concensus here is to allow users to have rights to their machines.  If it works with admin rights, then that is your solution.  You're creating the problem by handicapping the user. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

Thank you for your input.  I have other AutoCAD users running with limited permissions who do not have admin rights on their systems and their AutoCAD applications run without issue. This is not a solution, rather a workaround until a solution can be implemented.  It is not considered a "best practice" to give an end user elevated rights in a domain environment. 

Thanks.

Message 4 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

The elevated rights are to the LOCAL machine only and not the domain.  Having local administrator rights on your machine gives you no more privileges to the network domain than a restricted user.  In fact, all of your GPO policies from the domain controller are still enforced.  There is a severe lack of understanding in the IT world about these issues. I have been in network administration for nearly my entire career.  The fact that every single one of my users spanning over 20 offices nationwide all have local admin rights to their machines is testament to this philosophy.  Unless there is specific reason not to give local admin or power user rights on a machine (I have never found a valid reason, other than IT just deeming it that way for their own power trip) then give the users the rights that prevent/solve the issues like this. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report