Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2012 installation

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
MBWalker
431 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2012 installation

OK, I received my 2012 Upgrade in the mail and installed it.

I now have two versions of AutoCAD LT on my computer.

I do not want two versions on my computer, AutoCAD LT 2011 simply takes up valueable hard drive space.

1.) Did I miss something during the installation that would have given me an option to overwrite the older version?

2.) Can I uninstall the unwanted baggage with out causing license issues?

3.) Can I uninstall the unwanted baggage with out causing shared file issues?

If I am stuck with the unwanted baggage, I am not happy.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: MBWalker

Autodesk releases never overwrite the old one and do not replace the old ones.  You can safely remove the old software anytime at your leisure.  No big deal. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
MBWalker

Thanks for the tip.

Through all my years of AutoCAD experience this is a new one for me. I have never made an upgrade, all licenses were new purchases, skipping over the upgrades and many years between versions.

Message 4 of 4
TravisNave

Ah, yeah I hear ya.  In terms of the wording, 'upgrade' is simply the qualified discount for license type.  All installs are brand new full versions.  It just comes down to how much you paid for it. Smiley Wink

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report