Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2011 license transfer and re-activation issue

27 REPLIES 27
Message 1 of 28
mmengoni
5628 Views, 27 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2011 license transfer and re-activation issue

Hi all,

I got a bunch of multi-seat stand-alone AutoCAD LT licenses that have upgraded over the years from LT 2005, 2008, 2011 and finally 2012 (that is in progess during these last weeks).

I am having some troubles to perform the license transfer from a workstation that needs to be decommissioned to a just-commissioned one on which AutoCAD LT 2012 is installed and will need the upgrade serial number as soon the agreement renewal process is done.

Looking in About >> Product Information within the software the multi-seat stand-alone license serial number appears in “Blocked” status and to successfully transfer it to another machine it says that it needs first to be re-activated.

Unfortunately from both the license transfer utility and the Autodesk website I got the message the it is not a valid serial number!

I also checked on another still-in-place workstation and it is the same so now I am guessing if it might be possible that the license agreement renewal process is currently blocking the old serial number.

How do I would sort this out and and what is the exact procedure to follow up in order to transfer and upgrade the license?

I need your precious help support service.

Thanks in advance,

Marco

27 REPLIES 27
Message 21 of 28
fomas
in reply to: camilo.lemos

hi there,

I've the same problem during the transfer of a license.

Can you give me a new activation code?

thx

the user is fomas

ciao

Message 22 of 28
camilo.lemos
in reply to: fomas

Hi @fomas and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

For direct activation and licensing assistance, please contact our License Assistance team by clicking on this link and then following the prompts:

Select “Activation & Registration” or “License Management”
Select appropriate subtopics from the pull-down menus.
Select “I Still Need Help” if you need personal assistance.

You will be able to contact the License Assistance Team either via Chat or e-mail.

Thank you

Camilo Lemos

Message 23 of 28

it is just ridiculous, autodesk is so **** about proprietary issues they punish paying customers, it is an absolute nightmare getting assistance or an honest resolution instead of "work arounds" layers and layers of insulation before you reach anybody.what a convoluted mess. all this time and it only gets worse

Message 24 of 28
TravisNave
in reply to: trulyamindeed

Are you a real account or not? You have replied with negativity to more
than one post.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 25 of 28
vijaycivil664
in reply to: mmengoni

Serial number product key 2011 autocad
Message 26 of 28

@vijaycivil664

Are you asking for a serial # for Acad LT 2011?   This is a user based forum and we the users don't have access to issue you another user serial #s.  They come from Autodesk.  Where did you get the 6 yr old retired unsupported product?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 27 of 28
seth.watson
in reply to: celine.manca

I am having the same issue. I purchased a new computer, I am trying to transfer the license from the old computer to the new computer. When I go to transfer it will not allow me to activate my license. How do I resolve this problem? 

Message 28 of 28

@seth.watson

Welcome to the Autodesk User's Community..

License transfer is a pain in the ......

Also its all about the history of your serial #..  Just install your software on the new machine and activate it normally.  Don't worry about the license transfer.  If you run into activation issues please contact the Autodesk Licensing and Activation Team

AUTODESK LICENSING & ACTIVATION TEAM CONTACT INFO

• Ask AVA (Autodesk Virtual Agent) in English: Online
      • Phone: (866) 681-4359

But like I said.  Its all about the serial # history.  If it was use to upgrade or you had a maintenance plan that expired..  You may not be entitled to this version any more.  We the users have no way of know your account and serial # history.

Update:   One more thing..  Legacy Autodesk products like the 2011 version may not function properly on newer machines/operating systems.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report