Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2011 license transfer and re-activation issue

27 REPLIES 27
Message 1 of 28
mmengoni
5575 Views, 27 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2011 license transfer and re-activation issue

Hi all,

I got a bunch of multi-seat stand-alone AutoCAD LT licenses that have upgraded over the years from LT 2005, 2008, 2011 and finally 2012 (that is in progess during these last weeks).

I am having some troubles to perform the license transfer from a workstation that needs to be decommissioned to a just-commissioned one on which AutoCAD LT 2012 is installed and will need the upgrade serial number as soon the agreement renewal process is done.

Looking in About >> Product Information within the software the multi-seat stand-alone license serial number appears in “Blocked” status and to successfully transfer it to another machine it says that it needs first to be re-activated.

Unfortunately from both the license transfer utility and the Autodesk website I got the message the it is not a valid serial number!

I also checked on another still-in-place workstation and it is the same so now I am guessing if it might be possible that the license agreement renewal process is currently blocking the old serial number.

How do I would sort this out and and what is the exact procedure to follow up in order to transfer and upgrade the license?

I need your precious help support service.

Thanks in advance,

Marco

27 REPLIES 27
Message 2 of 28
celine.manca
in reply to: mmengoni

Hi Marco!

If the transfer of the license doesn't work, we can provide you a new activation code.

Could you please send me your serial number by private message (envelope next to your name) ?

Thank you!

Celine Manca
Message 3 of 28
mmengoni
in reply to: celine.manca

Hi Celine,

Serial number just sent in PM.

Thanks, 

Marco

Message 4 of 28
mmengoni

Hi Celine,

The activation code you gave me worked fine as you can see below (sorry it is in Italian, I put * instead of my license data):

AutoCAD LT 2011 Informazioni sulla registrazione

--------------------------------------------------​------------------------------
Fare clic sul pulsante Stampa del browser per stampare questa pagina. Il file delle informazioni sulla registrazione è stato salvato in  C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Dati applicazioni\Autodesk\Adlm\ACDLT2011it_ITRegInfo.h​tml
--------------------------------------------------​------------------------------
Informazioni sul software Prodotto: AutoCAD LT 2011    
Numero di serie/ID gruppo: ***-********
Chiave di prodotto: *****
Codice di richiesta: **** **** **** ****

Informazioni sulla società Nome: 
Indirizzo 1: 
Città: 
CAP:  Paese: 

Informazioni di contatto Nome:  
Telefono:   

Informazioni su Autodesk Internet: http://www.autodesk.com Registrazione via Internet: https://register.autodesk.com
E-mail: authcodes@autodesk.com Fax: 800-225-6490
Telefono: 800-551-1490 or 415-507-4690

2012-04-23T15:19+01:00               Versione 1.3.34.0

Anyway the OLTU is still unable to export the license and transfer it on the Autodesk servers and keeps saying that this is not a valid license:

Prodotto:  AutoCAD LT 2011
Numero di serie:  ***-********
Chiave di prodotto:  *****
Richiesta di esportazione non riuscita

Il numero di serie immesso non è valido. Riprovare. (Errore 1)

Fare clic sul collegamento "Riprovare" per inviare nuovamente la richiesta.

Riprovare

Riferimento errore:1 

Finally here is the Product information extract from AutoCAD LT 2011 (still usable as before):

[Proprietà delle informazioni sul prodotto]
lunedì 23 aprile 2012 15.23.46

Nome licenza: AutoCAD LT 2011

Nome host computer: ********

Numero di serie del prodotto: ***-********

Chiave di prodotto: *****

Tipo licenza: Singolo utente - Bloccata

Data di scadenza licenza: Nessuna

Modalità licenza: Permanente

Tipo di utilizzo della licenza: Commerciale

ID licenza: ACDLT_F_S

Do you have any special advice to sort this out?

Regards,

Marco

Message 5 of 28
mmengoni

For completeness here is a brief summary of the reply received in PM from celine.manca about hints provided by the Registration & Activation team :

Once a serial number is upgraded, the system recognizes only the latest version even if it was not yet activated and in this case it is necessary to process a manual activation.

- How can I transfer the license away from the actual workstation?

Only licenses with Registered status and/or under active Subscription contract can be transferred through OLT.

- Is there any off-line tool or alternative method to do a backup of the license?

Unfortunately there are no off-line tools that allow to create an activation backup. The only real alternative is manual activation. Customer can forward the request through Autodesk webform and eventually call Reg&Act department at +41 327 23 95 95 once obtained the Case No. in order to prioritize the case.

In my case I can proceed with the re-imaging of the workstation and finally I will ask you in PM a new manual activation code later.

Thanks for your efforts,

Marco

Message 6 of 28
mmengoni

Hi Céline,

I re-imaged my workstation and have just sent you by PM a new manual activation code request.

Waiting yours.

Thanks,

Marco

Message 7 of 28
mmengoni

Hi Céline,

I sent you a msg in pm but didn't got any reply.. 😞

Is there anybody else from Autodesk support team that may help?

I re-imaged a CAD workstation and need URGENTLY new activation code request!!

Looking forward for help.

Thanks,

Marco

Message 8 of 28
camilo.lemos

Hi Marco,

Please, send me your serial number and request code via Private Message and I will take care of this for you.

Thanks,

Camilo Lemos

Message 9 of 28
smirams

I also get the message licence not valid. (Export Failed)

I used the licence transfer utility.

I would like to transfer the licence to another client.

Could you help me.

Thank you

Message 10 of 28
mmengoni

You need to PM Camilo Lemos or Céline Manca.

They for sure will help you. with your license issue.

Regards,

Marco

Message 11 of 28
TravisNave
in reply to: smirams

You can do this by following the link here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?id=18424632&siteID=123112

Also, see my Invalid Serial Number link for more information.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 12 of 28
philip.s

Welcome to the community Steven!

The most common cause of an invalid serial number error is that the licenser has been upgraded per a subscription contract that has since expired.

As Camilo and Celine are gone for the day, would you please either send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with your serial number or contact our License Assistance Team for direct support.

Message 13 of 28
tecnolav

Hi, i have the same problem.

On a PC is installed AutoCAD LT 2011. I need to transfer the license in another PC.
Unfortunately license transfer utility says that the Serial Number is wrong. Of course, the Serial Number is the right one in dvd case.
If I try to request a new activation in the second PC that does not end for the same reason (wrong Serial Number).
Can you help me out?
Thanks

PS: i'm italian too

Message 14 of 28
jessica.t
in reply to: tecnolav

Hi @tecnolav and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Usually if you see that type of error when using the License Transfer Utility it means that the license has been marked upgraded or returned. To have your license status verified, please contact the Activation and Registration team directly:

1.    Visit http://knowledge.autodesk.com/contactus
2.    Select “Activation & Registration” or “License Management”
3.    Select appropriate subtopics from the pull-down menus
4.    Select “I Still Need Help”  if you need personal assistance

For further information please see the License Transfer Utility FAQ. If you have any other questions please let us know. Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 15 of 28
smartech-may
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Hi Camilo,

I had a problem in autoCAD LT 2011 license transfer, it prompt out message "The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (1)". I had follow exactly the serial number in the autodesk product box. Please let me know where can I get the activation code?

Thanks.

Message 16 of 28
lynn_zhang
in reply to: smartech-may

Hi @smartech-may 

This is probably because your license has been upgraded. The License Transfer Utility only works on your current registered license and does not work on upgraded license. You can PM your serial number to me so I can further check for youSmiley Happy

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Message 17 of 28
duval.dollar
in reply to: lynn_zhang

Lynn,

I have a user that had AutoCAD LT 2008 and upgraded to 2011.  His computer has been giving him problems so we are upgrading him to a new system and trying to reinstall his AutoCAD LT software on his new laptop.  When I try to export the license from the old laptop I get an "Export Request Failed - The serial number you entered is not valid.  Try again (1)  Click the "Try Again" link to resubmit the request.  Try again Error Reference 1."  

I have tried calling AutoDesk's support number and was routed through a lot of automated menus which didnt get anywhere and tried the online chat but no one has been available.  Can you help with transfering this or give me a phone number or other method that works in order to get this license transferred?  Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. 

- Duval

Message 18 of 28
camilo.lemos
in reply to: duval.dollar

Hi @duval.dollar and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

For direct activation and licensing assistance, your best bet is our License Assistance team. Please contact the team by clicking on this link and then following the prompts:

Select “Activation & Registration” or “License Management”
Select appropriate subtopics from the pull-down menus.
Select “I Still Need Help” if you need personal assistance.

You will be able to contact the License Assistance Team either via Chat or e-mail.

Thank you

Camilo Lemos

Message 19 of 28
duval.dollar
in reply to: camilo.lemos

Camilo,

Thanks for the quick response.  This is where I have been going.  The chat always shows as all techs busy and not available and we've tried submitting the form request online yesterday with no response.  So we tried calling earlier and just got bounced around between the automated menus thats why I've resorted to posting on here for help.  Its just extremely frustrating when you've paid for a product and can't get help to easily transfer it when needed.  If you have any other suggestions I'm open to it since right now I'm sitting here waiting for a reply online and constantly hitting refresh and filling out the drop downs hoping for a tech to become available through the online chat (I've been doing this for the last hr).

- Duval

Message 20 of 28
philip.s
in reply to: duval.dollar

Apologies for the inconvenience Duval. If the online chat is not available typically the best bet is to submit an email support case as you have done, where responses typically occur within a day or so. 

That being said I just looked at your case. One of the most common issues of the invalid serial number error is actually due to a license that has been upgraded to a newer version per a subscription contract that has since expired. This would not prevent an existing activation form working properly, but any new activation and/or license transfer attempts with the old license would fail.

In your case, the 2011 license was indeed upgraded to AutoCAD LT 2012. I'm going to send you a Private Message shortly with the relevant license info and download links.

Should anyone else encounter this same issue, please see the following article for how to locate your new license information.

How to find your serial number and product key in your Autodesk Account

Here to help if additional clarification is needed, otherwise please accept as a solution so that others can benefit from this information.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report