Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2011 License Export Problem

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
mmunsell
1455 Views, 8 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2011 License Export Problem

Hello,

We have AutoCAD LT 2011 installed on a computer that we about to wipe and decommission.  We are not using AutoCAD at this time but would like to have the option to install it on another one of our computers in the future.  So, we are trying to export the license using the License Tranfer Utility before wiping this computer.  However, we keeping getting the following error from the utility:

Product: AutoCAD LT 2011

Serial number: xxx-xxxxxxxx

Product key: xxxxx

Export Request Failed

The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again. (1)

Click the "Try Again" link to resubmit the request.

Try again

Error reference: 1

Clicking the link results in the same error.  What does this mean?  And how do we resolve it?

Thank you,

Mike

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
philip.s
in reply to: mmunsell

Hi mmunsell - the LTU invalid serial number error is typically equated with a license that has been upgraded, more often than not from an expired subscription, and is thus no longer valid.

Please utilize the Registration and Activation form / live chat (if available) to receive a full history of your companies entitlements and additional troubleshooting assistance.

Message 3 of 9
mmunsell
in reply to: philip.s

Hello Philip,

Thank you for your help.  I submitted the form you referenced shortly after you responded to my post.  I received an automated response indicating my request would be addressed by the end of the following business day, which would have been Wednesday (yesterday).  I have not heard anything yet.  I'll keep waiting, but since the email response did specify a response time frame and we are a day past that now, that leaves me wondering if Autodesk decided not to process my request for some reason.  Is there a way I can check on the status of my request?

Thanks again,

Mike

Message 4 of 9
philip.s

You're very welcome mmunsell. Can you please reply with the case number referenced in your automated response so that I can look into the request status.

Message 5 of 9
swascha

Hi there, I too am having the exact same issue, with the exact same release.  I have submitted a request to the link suggested Phillip, and will wait for a response.  But if something comes up in the meantime, feel free to contact me with a solution.

Thanks,

Jenny

jb@waschastudios.com

Message 6 of 9
mmunsell

The case number is 07596360, although I received a response to my request at about 5:15 PM today.

If I understood the email and license report, the AutoCAD LT 2011 software on the machine in question is not currently activated.  It was not clear if that would also account for that error I was receiving, but it seems plausible.  I replied to the email requesting confirmation of my understanding.

There might be some type of mix up somewhere though.  The license report had a single line item for an AutoCAD LT 2012 upgrade with a different serial number.  We only have AutoCAD LT installed on this one machine and I have double checked that it is indeed 2011 with a different serial number than what is in the license report.

I am now wondering if perhaps this machine started with this AutoCAD LT 2011 installation, was upgraded to AutoCAD 2012 per the license report, and then maybe the upgrade was uninstalled or the operating system had to reverted to a prior state (before the upgrade).

The primary user of this machine is no longer with the company and this was all setup before my time at the company.  I will see if I can dig up any further information to see if anyone at the company knows anything about this AutoCAD LT 2012 upgrade.

Thank you,

Mike

Message 7 of 9
philip.s

Thanks for following up mmunsell,

The representative who replied to your case made a typo / I'm assuming meant to say that the 2012 license, not the 2011, has yet to be activated, which means you are still entitled to use the 2011 (even though it's been upgraded).

To clarify, the license was automatically upgraded to 2012 per a subscription contract which has since expired. As mentioned above, you can still use the previous (2011) as long as the current (2012) is not activated, however you will not be able to utilize the LTU on an upgraded license and will need manual activation assistance. On the other hand, if you decide to use the current, you will forfeit all future rights to the previous. I've provided the following 72hr timed direct download links if you wish to pursue the later.

AutoCAD LT 2012 32BIT - LINK

AutoCAD LT 2012 64BIT - LINK

Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns!

Message 8 of 9
mmunsell
in reply to: philip.s

Philip,

Thank you for that clarification.  I plan to download the AutoCAD 2012 tomorrow afternoon.  We are not planning to install it right away though.  It could be weeks or months before we install and activate this.  Is that okay or do we need to install and activate it within a certain time window?

Thank you again,

Mike

Message 9 of 9
philip.s

You're welcome mmunsell - The only time limit is on the download links, so as long as you download the corresponding .exe files and hang on to them for the future install / activation you will be fine.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report