Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2010 on Virutal Desktop

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
smickth
171 Views, 1 Reply

AutoCAD LT 2010 on Virutal Desktop

We have three copies of AutoCAD LT 2010 single user version, which are used by three users in my organisation. We have installed the software on three desktop computers, which the users access on a daily basis.

These users are now looking to hot desk, as such could need to use the software on any number of computers around my organisation. It has been suggested that AutoCAD LT could be installed on a virtual desktop, to enable the users to access the software from any desktop within the organisation. This would negate the need to install AutoCAD LT onto many desktops and use the portable licence utility.

I have read the EULA but it only states that the software can be installed on a single computer. It is unclear if use of a virtual desktop is acceptable within the terms of the licence.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
asburyj
in reply to: smickth

My understanding of the EULA is that setting up a shared VM for mutiple users to share one standalone license with is a violation of that agreement. 

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Autodes...

Jeffry Asbury

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report