Installation & Licensing

Message 1 of 4 (730 Views)

AutoCAD LT 2009 License Transfer

730 Views, 3 Replies
06-07-2013 11:51 AM

I'm buying a new desktop computer and retiring this one.  I have AutoCAD LT 2009 installed on this one and want to re-install it on the new desktop computer; what do I need to do on this computer to let Autodesk know that I'm not trying to install more copies than i'm entitled to?  I do have a second copy installed on my laptop

Community Manager
philip.s
Message 2 of 4 (725 Views)

Re: AutoCAD LT 2009 License Transfer

06-07-2013 01:14 PM in reply to: elyoungiii

Hi Ernest!

This is a fairly common issue and as such there is no need to contact us.

As you have a 2009 version of the software, you would either want to utilize the Portable License Utility or proceed with the standard installation process.

If for some reason you run into an activation error, please contact our License Assistance Team for the necessary help.

I also wanted to point out that the AutoCAD LT 2009 system requirements so that you are aware of supporting operating systems prior to purchasing your new computer.

Please accept as a solution if this fully answers your inquiry, or reply with additional questions as needed.

Philip Schmelzer
Message 3 of 4 (679 Views)

06-20-2013 01:28 PM in reply to: philip.s

Hi Philip.

Which is the process for unistall the autcad 2009 and after I can install this software on other computer used the same license.

Which are the steps for tranfer the license used the portable utility license?.

When I unistall the autocad 2009 of the computer old leave no trace because I not wanted to duplicated the same license.

Thanks

Community Manager
philip.s
Message 4 of 4 (673 Views)

06-20-2013 02:48 PM in reply to: jmartinez0975

Sure thing Jamie!

So the PLU steps are outlined here. If for some reason you experience issues, I'd highly recommend proceeding with the standard install / activation process, contacting our License Assistance Team if additional help is needed.

Philip Schmelzer

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube