Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Initiation problem

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
916 Views, 1 Reply

AutoCAD Initiation problem

Hi there,

I am receving the following error message while trying to start (initiate) the AutoCAD MEP 2011 program.

Unable to run AutoCAD. This may be due to one of the following reasons:

1) This version of AutoCAD was not installed properly. In this case, you may wish to reinstall AutoCAD.

2) You do not have sufficient rights to run AutoCAD.

Its a licensed version. (problem is with 1 of 5 standalones)

Installed in Windows Vista OS. (Hardware & software meets the requirement as per AutoDesk listed)

Have tried several (2-3) times of installation in the same machine with full admin rights.

Suspect:

By few months back or so and after the Windows Vista OS installation some one has installed AutoCAD MEP 2010 trial version or so... but i could not able to find the details of those but I am that my company is using proper licensed versions say from 2008 onwards (upto my knowledge).

I am trying to get solution without formatting the machine, because it has database of 130 gb full out of 140 gb disk space.

I am struggling with this machine alone.

Thanks in advance....

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
hashim.mundol
in reply to: Anonymous

This error could be due to the corrupted .net framework installation. Please uninstall .net components (manually from Add/remove programs) and reinstall AutoCAD.

Note:.net frame work could be used by other products in the computer, so please make sure you take necessary backup.

If this doesn’t fix the issue, Please install .net frame 3.5 and Sp1 from Microsoft site manually, check the logs for any errors during the installation.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=ab99342f-5d1a-413d-8319-81da479ab0d7&dis...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report