Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Electrical 2013 activation

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
PaulRogers
759 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD Electrical 2013 activation

I have always used my companies AutoCAD Electrical 2013 at work but I was told that I could install it at home also as a convenience as long as the two aren't running at the same time. I have a new computer at home now and installed the  program but when it tried to activate it I got a serial number invalid error.

I tried the help chat but it is always busy so I am posting here. Are there other steps or should I just delete AutoCAD Electrical 2013 from my home computer?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
justshutup
in reply to: PaulRogers

@PaulRogers wrote:

I have always used my companies AutoCAD Electrical 2013 at work but I was told that I could install it at home also as a convenience as long as the two aren't running at the same time. I have a new computer at home now and installed the  program but when it tried to activate it I got a serial number invalid error.

I tried the help chat but it is always busy so I am posting here. Are there other steps or should I just delete AutoCAD Electrical 2013 from my home computer?

Thanks

You should talk to your reseller about the proper method for doing this.  They should help you avoid any unecessary conversations with the ADSK compliance people.  

Message 3 of 5
PaulRogers
in reply to: justshutup

Compliance? Everything I have seen on here says you can have a second install on a home computer as long as both aren't running at the same time.

Is that legal or not?

If not I will gladly remove it from my home computer, if it is ok why should I have to worry about compliance.

This was the only recource I had available to me for help and I am greeted by someone with the name "Just Shut Up" by Autodesk.

Amazing.

Message 4 of 5
jessica.t

Hi @PaulRogers,

Yes, you can have a single seat standalone license installed on a maximum of two machines. Typically you receive the invalid serial number error when a license has been upgraded or returned. Please contact the Activation and Registration team to have them confirm your license:

1.    Visit http://knowledge.autodesk.com/contactus
2.    Select “Activation & Registration” or “License Management”
3.    Select appropriate subtopics from the pull-down menus
4.    Select “I Still Need Help”  if you need personal assistance

If you have any further questions or concerns please reply to this post. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 5 of 5
justshutup

@PaulRogers wrote:

Compliance? Everything I have seen on here says you can have a second install on a home computer as long as both aren't running at the same time.

Is that legal or not?

If not I will gladly remove it from my home computer, if it is ok why should I have to worry about compliance.

This was the only recource I had available to me for help and I am greeted by someone with the name "Just Shut Up" by Autodesk.

Amazing.

The amazing part is that you think that this forum is made up of only ADSK people.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report