Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Electrical 2013 Not able to install

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
216 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD Electrical 2013 Not able to install

Hello,

I have a set of AutoCAD 2013 CDs that is the standalone version.  I have a two (2) seat license and have used both seats.  However, the one computer that had a seat needed to have Windows 7 Professional, 64 bit edition, Service Pack 1 reinstalled and lost the existing license.  I am in the process of trying to reinstall the program and I get an error message, Error 1305, Error Reading from file D:\.... Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.  Well, I looked online in the forums and they said to try and copy the CD to the hard drive and run the install from the hard drive.  When I try to copy, I get an error message that I don't have permission to copy the contents our of one of the directories on CD 1.  Now, I just installed this software two weeks ago on another machine and everything worked fine, but now this happens.  Any one have any ideas on what may have caused this?  I don't think it is an AutoCAD issue, but something else, but wondering if any one else has encountered this.

Any one have any ideas or have seen this?  Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

I will update more when my IT guy has looked at the CD too.

Best Regards,

John Blaser

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.  I am not sure why those particular CDs did not work.  I could not even do a copy.

My IT guy was able to make a copy onto a USB drive, but I was never able to get them to work on my laptop.

I was able to get a different set of CDs from our Autodesk Distributor/Reseller/Authorized Agent and those CDs worked fine and I was able to get the system to install.

Not sure exactly what happened, but it is working now.

Thanks for the suggestions, they didn't work as I had hoped, but at least it is loaded now.

Best Regards,

John Blaser

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report