Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Design Suite Education version 2014 - Work with Windows 8.1??

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
vglong4
291 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD Design Suite Education version 2014 - Work with Windows 8.1??

I am looking to upgrade to a new computer that will have Windows 8.1.  I plan to move my AUTOCAD Design Suite to this new computer but I need to verify that my Education version will work with Windows 8.1.

Thank you in advance.

Smiley Indifferent

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: vglong4

Yep.  Just make sure you grab the latest service pack updates. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
vglong4
in reply to: TravisNave

I spoke to an actual person in customer service for AUTODESK and they advised me that my version for 2014 would have problems with Windows 8.1.  I was told that I could make use of the Windows compatibility Mode to allow for my Suite to work in the "Windows environment" it worked in with Windows 7.  She gave me links.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

sample screen shots of the process.

http://techingiteasy.wordpress.com/2013/07/08/using-compatibility-mode-in-windows-8-1/

I think I will just trust Windows 8.1 to provide me with the proper mode for my Education Suite 2014.  The customer service rep did advise me she thought perhaps the 2015 Suite will be compatible with Windows 8.1.  She could not gurantee.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report