Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Architecture 2012

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
jimwoodrow
356 Views, 1 Reply

AutoCAD Architecture 2012

I am having an issue that when I make a deployment, and install it on  a system, each time a new user logs in  and tries to run AutoCAD ( specifically AutoCAD Architechture 2012) it reinstalls (configures for each user?).  This would not be a huge issue if it were not for the fact that is dumps  about 200 MB of sample files (even though I’ve  told it everywhere I know possible to not install samples) in the user’s My Documents. The main issue being with this that their My Documents is redirected to their network storage and is only set at 250 MB.  Causing almost every users  space to go over quota.

Is there any way to stop the reinstalling and is there any way to make sure it does not put any files into the Users My Documents?

Client OS: windows 7 Sp1 x 32

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TravisNave
in reply to: jimwoodrow

This is a known issue with the redirect for My Documents.  It's very similar to a roaming profiles issue which is non-supported for this software.  Some users have had success redirecting the My Documents folder back to the local machine and running the software.  Then you might be able to redirect the path back to the server, with limited success. 

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=7281983&linkID=9240617

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report