Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2015 upgrade woes

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
220 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD 2015 upgrade woes

I have downloaded the AutoCAD 2015 upgrade from the subscription center and am preparing to install it. I am wondering if running the instalation will delete or dissable my installation of AutoCAD 2013. I managed to not get the serial number at the time of the download. Though the knowledge center FAQ suggests I can get it from my download, I don't see the fole folder they are refering to prior to running the install. I can't risk being without my primary work software while attempting to troubleshoot a failed or problematic build.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
nestly2
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

I have downloaded the AutoCAD 2015 upgrade from the subscription center and am preparing to install it.

The first sentence has me a bit confused....  If you're on Subscription and downloaded from Subscription Center, then don't think it's an "upgrade". 

Assuming you are on Subscription, Installing 2015 will not affect your 2013 installation in any way.  As a Subscription customer, both will be installed in their own folders and have their own desktop shortcuts and you can use both or either (but only one at a time)

Also assuming you  are on Subscription, your Serial Number and Product Key can be found online when you log into Subscription Center by clicking on your Contract number.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: nestly2

I refered to it as an upgrade because that is what it is called in the subscription center. The action button is labeled "Get Your Download". I looked for, and found, my contract number and find that it isn't live as in something you can click on. Is there some other step in the process? 

Message 4 of 5
nestly2

Assuming you have administrative access to your Subscripiton

Click Contract Administration on the Subscription home page right after you login, then Coverage Report, then click on your contract number, which should be a blue hyperlink to your contract details.

Message 5 of 5
pendean

If you are on subscription, you paid for direct Autodesk support: click on the CONTACT US button on your subscription page and confirm what everyone here is telling you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report