Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2015 crashes and installation problems

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
845 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD 2015 crashes and installation problems

I really want to know if anyone else out there is having similar issues with AutoCAD 2015 as our company?

Where to start...

1. During dvd installation we get the attached screenshot at the end of the process. We're not getting this error on every install but the problem is when you go to re-install the program it say's it's already been installed. We go to uninstall it and it's not in the programs list to uninstall. So we have to perform a clean uninstall to get it to install. We have went through this process up to 4 times to get to install on one machine. There has been two instances where we get the attached failed install screen and the program actually installed. But as you can imagine all of the above leads too.... 

2. Once installed we are having multiple users contact me with fatal errors, or just simple crashes with the error report dialog box. If this was just one person I really would think it was their hardware. At this point I'm really pointing fingers at Autodesk's installation files.

We have talked with Autodesk and they've tried to help and had us uninstall C++ compenents, we did and it didn't help. We've installed all of the latest video drivers, and it didn't help either.

We are at the point of halting the rest of our installations at this time and the users that are crashing two and three times per day have started using their 2014 seats instead. This is very frustrating due to the fact of the money that we've spent.

Again, has anyone else had these issues or anything similar?

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

For Installation Issues, a better place to post is here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/bd-p/24

If you look around you'll see what you are asking about for #2. With about as many solutions as possible inside each which seem to work for most as well. Help yourself; hardware acceleration changes may help, turning off 2015's linesmoothing may help, installing and using certified drivers from autodesk for the video cards may help and so on.

IMHO you probably should not install 2015 as you plan on doing without thorough testing by one single team (perhaps even starting with one single person): AutoCAD is a production tool, you can't risk users having any down time.

Message 3 of 3
asburyj
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Brandon,

To help me isolate the cause of the install failure, can you upload a copy of your setup and install logs from the failed installation? The logs will be generated in the TEMP directory which can be accessed by typing '%temp%' in the START > RUN. Please locate the logs which will have a naming convention of "Product Name Setup.log" and "Product Name Install.log" , where  "Product name" is the name and release year of the software.

In terms of the crash you are getting post install, can you provide the full text you are seeing in the error dialogue or even better, a screenshot? Also, if you have been prompted to submit crash reports to Autodesk let me know the report number(s)

Jeffry Asbury

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report