Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2015 Student Version Educational Plot Stamp

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
863 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD 2015 Student Version Educational Plot Stamp

Hey guys,

I'm wondering if AutoCAD 2015 Student Version produces an Educational Plot Stamp?  And if not, if a dwg created with the 2015 student version is opened with an earlier version of AutoCAD (not student, but full commercial version) will a Plot Stamp or the error message saying the dwg was created with an Educational Version appear?  

If so, how can you erase this from the dwg permanently?

Cheers

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

By the way, i'm talking about UK versions, if there is a difference

Message 3 of 5
philip.s

This should help answer your question Mar (please accept as a solution if it does).

Educational Plot Stamp Removal Issues

AutoCAD 2014 SP1 - With AutoCAD 2014 Service Pack 1 installed, DWG files will no longer show the educational plot stamp while plotting, nor will they give a warning message when opening them. However, the stamp is still attached to the file even though it is not showing. The danger is that someone with 2014 SP1 could open a file and work on it without realizing it has the educational stamp on it. If they then send that to someone without SP1, or on an earlier version, that user will see the warning and the stamp. At this time, using 2014 with SP1 will still propagate the stamp to other drawings, as in the past.

AutoCAD 2015 - This version has the ability to remove the stamp altogether if a Save is performed. Once a file is saved in 2015, it can be sent to users on earlier versions and the stamp will no longer be a part of the file.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: philip.s

Philip,

Thank you for your reply.  I have seen this article before, however I am unsure whether 'AutoCAD 2015' constitutes as any version of AutoCAD 2015, or only the paid for full commercial version.  Basically, does my 2015 student version create plot stamps that are seen on older versions of AutoCAD, or are they not created at all?

Thanks and any help is appreciated

Mark

Message 5 of 5
philip.s

Sure thing Mark and this applies to all 2015 products with the Education Community, not just vanilla AutoCAD.

I've also included a link to our Education Community License FAQ for your convenience.

Can I use free Educational licenses for Autodesk software obtained through the Education Community for commercial purposes? No. Software and cloud-based services provided without charge to Education Community members may be used solely for purposes directly related to learning, training, research or development. Such software and cloud-based services shall not be used for commercial, professional or any other for-profit purposes.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report