Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2015 Invalid License Error on deployment

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1567 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD 2015 Invalid License Error on deployment

Morning  - Looking for some help bofore I throw myself to the ground in a fit of absolute rage...............or something like that...

We are a school and have the 3 year license for AutoCAD 2015.

I downloaded the network version of AutoCAD2 2015 and was provided the network serial number which I registered to get the license file for LMTools.

I installed the software on the application server (MS Server 2008 R2) together with the LMTools. During the install I input the serial number I was supplied. No errors. The LMTools is working correctly  - it can see and uses the license file provided. If I boot AutoCAD up on the server I can see in LMTools that one license is in use. so far so good?

Next I created a deplyment image which is in the network distribution folder used to deploy other software usually by GPO. When creating the administrative image I use the same serial number.

The administrative image is created successfully, however if I then run (as domain admin ) the setup.exe from a cleint computer ( clean image) it always errors with 'Invalid serial number'. I have uninstalled if from the server, tried vaious options but to no avail.

Is there an AutoCAD tech that can help as I need to get this deployed as soon as possible.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Do not run setup.exe from the deployment share.  This does not pass the correct answer files to your installation.  There should be a shortcut (with the name of the deployment you created) in the root of the share.  Run this on the client.  It will install correctly.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks for the response - that is the setup I've been using, as  you point out the shortcut in the root of the distribution folder. I've attached the log file - seems to be an error 1603.

Message 4 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Historically speaking, I can only start with these two recommendations:

1.  Do not use an administrative share $ and:

2.  Do not include spaces in your path

I typically recommend that your UNC path is as simple as \\servername\share.  In your case, I would make it \\Management4455\ACAD2015.  Then make sure the share has full read/write for the everyone user group.  When installing from the client, make sure the user has local admin, UAC is off, and anti-virus is temporarily disabled. 

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report