Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2015 0xc0000142 Error occured.

111 REPLIES 111
SOLVED
Message 1 of 112
mazel39
116172 Views, 111 Replies

AutoCAD 2015 0xc0000142 Error occured.

Hello.

I installed new autocad 2015 (subscription upgrade).

But I could not start program cause 0xc000142 error.

I tested acrobat unstall method and disable vaccine before autocad install, but it is not operate.

If someone have solution?

I use Windows 7 64bit. 

I have 2 licenses and other pc is no problem to start autocad 2015 but other ones have a start problem.

111 REPLIES 111
Message 41 of 112
mwilkinsonls2
in reply to: Ayssnna

I just had this issue with a piece of malware called Fast and Safe.

Autoruns spotted it. Then unisntalled it.

Message 42 of 112
jon05
in reply to: mazel39

this is the solution. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\LoadAppInit_DLLs doble click in LoadAppInit_DLLs and change value from 1 to 0. done!!!
Tags (1)
Message 43 of 112
jon05

run START in search programs and files type REGEDIT and then follow this; HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion \ Windows \ LoadAppInit_DLLs in LoadAppInit_DLLs, make doble click and change the value from 1 to 0. done!
Message 44 of 112
mwilkinsonls2
in reply to: jon05

It may "work" but you might disable part of your antivirus. Or worse have some malware that includes a AppInit .

Message 45 of 112
Ayssnna
in reply to: jon05

Thanks, but still, it is showing too many lines.
Message 46 of 112
jon05

maybe its your video card, Try to TURN OFF or ON the Hardware aceleration. this sometimes resolve this kind of problems.
Message 47 of 112
jon05

or just In Graphic performance setting when you deselect the option "Smooth Line Display", these lines disappear, try.
Message 48 of 112
hamzamehar345
in reply to: pendean

Message 49 of 112
mamussawir

Re: AutoCAD 2015 0xc0000142 Error occured.
05-21-2014 08:58 AM in reply to: roberts123

guys just go to C:\Windows\System32 then search acaptuser64.dll this dll file just copy on your desktop then rename at actual location remove .dll thats all

no need to uninstall any thing just use this simple method.

Message 50 of 112
mamussawir

guys just go to C:\Windows\System32 then search acaptuser64.dll this dll file just copy on your desktop then rename the file remove .dll thats all

no need to uninstall any thing just use this simple method once your autocad run one time copy this file to the directery.

Message 51 of 112
OldPaulCAD
in reply to: david.lau

Message 52 of 112
mlakins
in reply to: steve.west

I'm uncertain how to "change" the name under the appinit tab. Would you mind elaborating on how to do that?

Thanks

Message 53 of 112
david.lau
in reply to: mlakins

Using Autoruns,  you need to search path of file and rename it.

I would check this out first before looking at Appinit tab.

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2014/08/malware-search-protect-causes-application-error-0...

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2014/03/autocad-2015-application-error-0xc0000142-autorun...

David Lau
Message 54 of 112
mlakins

That worked! Thank you so much David.

Message 55 of 112
rmackay1

Hi David,

Having installed AutoCad 15 Education (I hope) it is not running due the stated 0xc0000142 error. I have followed the link to the Autoruns software, downloaded and run it.

First off, the blog say's "just rename the dll", to what and which dll's?

Secondly, how do I know if a dll is faulty/incorrect? The autoruns software does not actually say if there is problem. If it does it is not spelling it out in plain English.

Thirdly, I am a ludite. AutoCad is easy to use but messing with the structure of a computer I have no idea about.

Fourth, as problems seem to be causeds by Adobe products, I have unistalled all Adobe products but still gete the error.

Fifth, hopefully to answer what I think is going to be your question, under the Appinit tab the following two dll's are shown:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Windows\Appinit_Dlls

c:\program files (x86)\sw-booster\assistant_x64.dll

and

HKLM\SOFTWARE|Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CureentVersion\Windows\Appinit_dlls

c:\program files (x86)\sw-booster\assistant.dll

I have absolutely no idea what any of this means or what to do.

Regards

Rory Mackay

Message 56 of 112
rmackay1
in reply to: rmackay1

Problem fixed.

The information missing that no one seems to think important to tell, how to change the value's and which values:

Each dll has a two line listing, double click on the second line and a small window opens, in the field marked 'Value' delete all the contents and enter 0 (zero). It might be an idea to copy the contents to notepad so that you can go back later after AutoCAD 2015 has succefully run for the first time. I haven't reinstating the data to the offending dll's so I can't say what will happen if you do. This needs to be done for each dll under the Apinit tab.

Note : The pop up window does not appear the same as in the blog as posted by David Lau, my assumption; the software has been updated since the original blog was posted.

I uninstalled all Adobe products as they seem to cause problems but not on every machine, I have reinstalled Reader and Flash and AutoCAD is still loading fine as reported elsewhere in these posts.

Message 57 of 112
RUTHERFORDRJ
in reply to: jrchh1

but I need acrobat 9..what to do?
Message 58 of 112
david.lau
in reply to: RUTHERFORDRJ

Message 59 of 112
justinjannone11

Turned out I had to uninstall this program called bandoo media. Thanks David for recommending this website which helped me to resolve the issue...
http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2014/03/autocad-2015-application-error-0xc0000142-autorun...

Message 60 of 112

I've read through these fixes and they seem beyond what I can or I think I sould need to do inprder to install a program that's offered. This needs to be a supplier side fix!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report