Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2014 can't import license using License Transfert Utility

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
lauren.n.willoughby
1322 Views, 17 Replies

AutoCAD 2014 can't import license using License Transfert Utility

Hello,

I've been trying to import my license into a new computer from a laptop after exporting it and uninstalling Maya 2012. Now I want to intstall Maya 2014 onto a new computer, but it won't even let me sign in to import the liscense. I click on the Sign In icon on LSU and then it just closes out. I don't know what I'm missing or what I'm doing wrong. Could it be that or something with my computer?

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

you can't use a previous version serial number with a new version of product

every new release requires a new serial number and product key

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 18

How can I get a new serial # and license key? It only gives me the same one and I'm not sure it'll let me punch in the new one even if I did(on the activate page that is.)

Message 4 of 18

Is there any way I can get a new license key number and serial number so that I can use Maya 2014?

Message 5 of 18

Hi Lauren,

Apologies for all the trouble you've experienced with trying to transfer your license. Your best work around would be to just complete a fresh installation on the new computer. If the export fails, that is your best option. Re-download Autodesk Maya 2014 on to your new machine with the same serial number but this product key 657F1.

If you have any other questions please let us know. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 6 of 18

I tried re-downloading it, with the same serial # and the product key you
mentioned, but it's not working. How can I do a fresh installation? I'm not
even sure how to completely uninstall Autodesk Maya 2014 off my new
computer.
Message 7 of 18

Hi @lauren.n.willoughby,

Please see this page on how to remove an Autodesk product from your Windows operating system for further details on the clean uninstall. If you need further assistance just let us know!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 8 of 18

I need to uninstall it off an iMac computer. Are there steps to do it like
that?
Message 9 of 18

Hi Lauren,

Sorry about that, I should have asked your operating system before sending you the information. I found this article on clean uninstalls for Macs. I hope that helps!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 10 of 18

Ok, I think that article help. Now how can I do a complete fresh installation? Again every time I've tried before it installed fine, then it gives me the Error message and it won't open saying it can't read the licensing then when I try to import the license into my new iMac, and I click import, it just closes out and does nothing. Is there something else I should do first? I just want to know before I try this again.

Message 11 of 18

Hi Lauren and sincere apologies for the late reply.

Please take the following steps to help ensure a successful download (not all may be applicable on a Mac):

• In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, remove pop-up blockers and allow access to all *autodesk.com sites.
  • In the preferences or options area of your preferred browser, delete cookies, temporary internet files, and history.
  • Turn off your personal firewall or VPN, if you use one.
  • Disable UAC
  • Close and reopen your preferred browser.
  • Re-download from the Virtual Agent

Be sure to let me know how it goes. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 12 of 18

Hi again,
Unfortunately I don't bring good news. I'm still having the same problem.
Again I'm trying to import my license with the LTU, but it won't open and
when I try to click activate, then go to sign in and click on that, it just
closes out.
Message 13 of 18

Hi Lauren,

With a fresh installation / download, the License Transfer Utility is not needed. You just need to complete a new download, install, and activation. Try downloading and skipping the LTU. If you see another error please send us a screenshot. Thanks!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 14 of 18
Ambiocomp1
in reply to: jessica.t

Hi!

I have a 5 pack AutoCAD LT 2010 (stand alone licenses), and I wanted to transfer my licenses to my new computers, but when I tried to run the LTU in the old computers to export the licenses the utility sent "Export request failed" message including the nex text:

The serial number you entered is not valid. Try again (1)

Click the "Try Again" link to resubmit the request

Error reference: 1

The AutoCAD Lt 2010 sofware installed in my old computer works perfectly. They were activated by the activation codes that Autodesk sent me by email, but just can't export the licenses. Theres no problem whith the internet conection and every thing seems to work well.  

I don´t know if these problem is solved, I'll have a similar issue when trying to import my licenses into my new computers.

Thanks for your help!

Message 15 of 18
jessica.t
in reply to: Ambiocomp1

Hi @Ambiocomp1 and welcome to the community!

Typically when you receive that type of error the licenses you are trying to export have been upgraded or returned. The status change would not affect your currently installed products but would prevent you from transferring a license online. To confirm your serial numbers please contact our Activation and Registration department:

1.    Visit http://knowledge.autodesk.com/contactus
2.    Select “Activation & Registration” or “License Management”
3.    Select appropriate subtopics from the pull-down menus
4.    Select “I Still Need Help”  if you need personal assistance

If you have any other questions or concerns please let us know. Thank you!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 16 of 18
Ambiocomp1
in reply to: jessica.t

Thank you jessica.t. Thats correct, my reseller eplain to me that, and because of international trade issues, the new AutoCAD 2015 in box have not arrived yet, but as soon as they got them will assist me on the uprgrade. Thank you again.

Message 17 of 18
jessica.t
in reply to: Ambiocomp1

Great news! I'm glad to see that you got everything figured out and that your reseller was helpful. If you have any other questions or concerns please let us know. Thank you! Smiley Happy

Jessica Thrasher
Message 18 of 18

Hello Jessica.t,

Should I try to take these steps too in figuring out how to solve my issue with Maya or is there another procedure I should follow? I sent the screenshots of the errors I've been facing before. Do I need to get a new licsense # or something since I tried to use Maya 2012 on a different computer, but since I uninstalled it and try to use 2014 on a new computer, do I need a new one?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report