Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2014 Windows/Mac cross license

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
pfh
Observer
2730 Views, 11 Replies

AutoCAD 2014 Windows/Mac cross license

I just purchased AutoCAD 2014 for Windows at my office and would like to use the cross license to install it on my Mac at home as well.

Unfortunately 2014 for Mac has not been released yet.

Could i use the cross license with the 2013 version for Mac until the 2014 version is released?

Would I use the same number and key as the windows version?

Thanks

Paul

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
philip.s
in reply to: pfh

Welcome to the community Paul!

This is definitely possible / as the 2014 license is attached to an active subscription, you would need to request a previous version (2013) license from the Subscription Center. Once obtained, simply download / install the AutoCAD for Mac 2013 software using the 2013 serial number and product key 777E1 to activate.

How to Request a Previous Version License

How to Download Previous Version Software

Autodesk Product Keys

Please accept as a solution if this fully answers your inquiry, or reply with additional questions as needed.

Message 3 of 12
emanuel.giella
in reply to: philip.s

Do you have any idea when if at all AutoCAD 2014 for Mac will be released? 
I have to figure out if I need to change systems so I can use all the features of the 2014 version.
Thank you so much.

e.g. 

Message 4 of 12
dembkod
in reply to: emanuel.giella

emanuel.giella,

Hello. As of today there has been no official announcement as to a 2014 Mac version drop. There is no estimate on when this may occur.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 5 of 12
sara_instru

Hi,

I am currently using AutoCAD2014 for Windows. With the release of AutoCAD 2014 for MAC, now planning to move to MAC. 

Can i use the same serial number to activate AutoCAD 2014 in MAC? I got the details only for AutoCAD 2013 in the below link.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/mform?id=18656368&linkID=9240618&siteID=123112

Please advise. 

Regards,

Saravanan P

Message 6 of 12
pendean
in reply to: sara_instru

While you wait... have you actually tested or at least read-up on the MAC version of AutoCAD2014 and understand fully what you may well be giving up?
Message 7 of 12
philip.s

Welcome to the community Saravanan!

Confirming that you can in fact use your AutoCAD 2014 serial number and product key to Activate AutoCAD for Mac 2014.

I also wanted to point out that per the Autodesk Product Activation FAQ, most license types (excluding educational) allow the software to be installed and activated on 2 separate machines, as long as you are the sole user and the 2 aren't used concurrently. AKA you could in theory have AutoCAD installed on both your Mac and PC at the same time.

Does that help?

Message 8 of 12
sara_instru

Thanks Philip. It clarifies..

Message 9 of 12
philip.s

You're welcome!

Message 10 of 12
sara_instru
in reply to: philip.s

Hi philip,

Downloaded AutoCAD2014 version for MAC. Wrt, licensing request. I can able to get the link only for 2013.

Any link\ details for 2014 Cross platform licensing request.

Regards,

Sarvan

Message 11 of 12
camilo.lemos

Hi Sarvan,

There isn't any special request that you need to place to cross-license AutoCAD 2014 and AutoCAD for Mac 2014. You can simply go ahead and activated it on either platform usin the same serial number and product key.

I hope this answers your question!

Camilo Lemos

Message 12 of 12
t_gaisf

Hi Sarvan, 

If you fill in this form and click submit you will be able to see the downloads for 2013.

If you just need an activation of your product please send me a PM (click on t_gaisf profile name and then Send this User a Private Message) with your Serial Number, the request code and confirm the registered company name

or contact our licence assistance team for direct support.

Regards

Franz Gaisbauer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report