Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2014 Invalid Configuration Path

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
earm89
3065 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD 2014 Invalid Configuration Path

Hi guys, I'm trying to use AutoCAD 2014 and I've already installed it 2 times but I keep getting an AutoCAD Error Aborting message.

It says

FATAL ERROR: Invalid Configuration path\filename:

C:\Users\XXXXfolder\AppData\Local\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2014\R19.1\enu\

(Here's an screenshot.)acaderror.jpg

And then the program crashes, I've sent the report many times and already did the suggested corrections.

I'm using Win8 and already tried the win7 compatibility mode, run as an administrator and everything but isn't working at all.

I need this for my thesis so please guys any help will be appreciate.

Thanks

Enrique Ros.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: earm89

Welcome to the community.  Make sure you are installing with local admin rights and that your UAC for that user is disabled, as well as anti-virus off. 

Traverse to that path and make sure it exists and that you have access to it.

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
dembkod

David Dembkoski
Message 4 of 5
dembkod

earm89,

Hello. Has this ever worked for you? Is this new behavior?

You look like you are having some sort of an issue with your profile folder. Can you try to use the “Reset to Defaults” option from the Windows Metro interface? You should not need compatibility mode.

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 5 of 5
earm89
in reply to: dembkod

Hey guys! I just manage to open the program.

I looked down the folder and didn't had permission to it so after granting myself permision to the "...\AppData\Local\Autodesk" file I was able to run AutoCAD without any problems.

Thanks for your help and I hope this works if someone else have this problem. Now I'm off to work with it! 

Thanks again.

E. Ros

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report