Installation & Licensing

cso10
Message 1 of 5 (1,898 Views)

AutoCAD 2013 Won't Install

1898 Views, 4 Replies
02-01-2013 07:28 PM

I was able to get the correct install exe file for my win 7 64bit (AutoCAD_2013_English_Win_32_64bit_wi_en-US_Setup1). It downloads to the desktop and when I execute it I get the following message:

“Communication failure

Download and installation has been interrupted by a lost connection between the Autodesk website and this computer. The most likely causes are:

–The installation package was moved from the install location which is not supported

I don't know what that means

– the Autodesk download website was closed or manually refreshed before the installer launched

I tried this various times throughout the day, and did not manually refresh before the installer launched

– A firewall has blocked the network ports

I disabled Norton firewall and virus protect

{Please address these issues if possible, return to the website, and then click on Install Now, or use another download method: Download Now or Browser Download”

Any thoughts as to what to try? I need to do my homework this weekend! Thanks!

Community Manager
philip.s
Message 2 of 5 (1,837 Views)

Re: AutoCAD 2013 Won't Install

02-03-2013 02:28 PM in reply to: cso10

Hello Colleen,

Typically the best workaround for Install Now issues is to use an alternative method, specifically Browser Download. Can you please give it a shot and let us know if it works out?

Philip Schmelzer
cso10
Message 3 of 5 (1,792 Views)

02-05-2013 07:48 AM in reply to: philip.s
Hello, I did get it to install, but I used a personal download link provided by the Autodesk Education Community Support Team. Thank You for your help! Colleen
z3289799
Message 4 of 5 (1,618 Views)

03-20-2013 03:44 AM in reply to: cso10
Colleen, I'm totally getting the same error as you. Now I've switched off all of my firewalls and what not, but still no progress. Even downloading by 'Browser Download' isn't doing the trick. How did you manage to get a personal link? That sounds like the best resolution at this point :smileywink: Cheers!
cso10
Message 5 of 5 (1,607 Views)

03-20-2013 07:41 AM in reply to: z3289799

I had to send a question ( basically what I wrote in this forum), to the AutoDesk Education Community help center.

Under "Need Help" they have a "contact us" link that you can send in and then a person will get back to you. For me this took several days.

Good Luck.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube