I have just purchased a new laptop that has Windows 8 on it and I can hardly wait until it is delivered. I am in my last semester of interior design school, and I needed a new machine that would be able to run AutoCad 2013 and Revit 2013 at the same time. It occurred to me that they might not run on Windows 8 and so, after a mild panic attack, I have been reading the forums to find answers. I am encouraged by what I have read, and I have a few answers/explanations for some of the posts.
kmfinchpdx - "UAC" as stated earlier in this thread, is User Access Control and for Windows 7 it is in the Action Center on the control panel. It acts like the parental control on your TV; there are different levels of safety you can choose from.
As for why Windows 8 loads for some people and not others is because there are lots and lots and lots, did I say lots, of different programs that all have their own set of parameters that can be changed. A few of them are: Windows firewall, the web browser you are using, network and internet options, user accounts, credential manager, and the list goes on. Any one of these can cause problems due to their safety settings. I hope this helps clear up your confusion.
If you haven't seen this yet then here is the "official" updates of what's compatible http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?si
This is the only info they told me when I asked on twitter.
They don't seem to be doing anything seeing as that hasn't changed for a lgood amout of time. I just wish I didn't need CAD because I have win8 all ready to upgrade to on my puter and it's really frustrating having to wait in case I can't get it to work when I update.
If the next one does come out in the Summer, they had better make it win8 compatible. Can't wait...
I have been using AutoCAD LT 2013 on a Windows 8 machine for 5 weeks now. It was working perfectly. Recently User-Defined hatching has been crashing it but I haven't found out why. Otherwise still fine.
drjdrjdrjdrjdrj wrote: I have been using AutoCAD LT 2013 on a Windows 8 machine for 5 weeks now. It was working perfectly. Recently User-Defined hatching has been crashing it but I haven't found out why. Otherwise still fine.
Please note that problem seemed to have fixed itself
Currently working 100% OK